TG 7317 or Wix 51356

Both are about the same price, I've heard that fram extra guard has been improved from the past , lets say its your Mitsubishi outlander 2019 with the 2.4 , what filter you would choose , thanks ?

I've seen some white filter from wix, is it just the color or more ? they bear a slightly different numbers 57356 instead of 51356 for the black wix and are a tiny bit cheaper

btw it can be nice to look elsewhere but, how goods are the Mitsu OEM filters, who make them, ill check the price later to see if they are reasonably priced

I've seen some white filter from wix, is it just the color or more ? they bear a slightly different numbers 57356 instead of 51356 for the black wix and are a tiny bit cheaper

The 57356 has a different baseplate. It was created a few years ago because of sealing issues with some cars with the 51356. Wix still makes the 51356 for Mitsubishis and some non-automotive applications, but most other cars switched to the 57356.

If Wix says to use the 51356 for your car, then don't use the 57356.

I would choose the Fram for the simple reason that I know it's efficiency numbers and they seem to be better than Wix's lineup (though please correct if wrong as finding their full on efficiency seems difficult). The end cap material doesn't really matter and the TG7317 can be had for less than $7 at walmart any day of the week.

But really there's nothing wrong with either choice, the motor likely won't care. :)

Wix of course!! go to their site for derailed filter specs, there you can safely upsize based on physical fitment as well as filtering + flow.

Back