2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at these prices... and doing my oil change very frequently (at the severe OCI during winter and half ways to regular OCI summer) The wix seems like the one to go with. Do you see any major advantages of the AMSOIL?

It states the wix does 95% @ 20 microns, and the AMSOIL does 98.7% @ 20 microns

I want the absolute best for my car but 6.88 vs 20.00 every 3 months just seems a bit high.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alex16

I want the absolute best for my car but 6.88 vs 20.00 every 3 months just seems a bit high.

Upgrade a little and get the Napa Gold. Only an extra twelve cents.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

Upgrade a little and get the Napa Gold. Only an extra twelve cents.
thumbsup2.gif

NAPA Gold is the same as the regular WIX ... just a different paint job on the can.

It's just as easy to get the Wix and it is cheaper, does the Ultra have proven tests or cut open to prove it is better?

It's just as easy to get the Wix and it is cheaper, does the Ultra have proven tests or cut open to prove it is better?

Ultra filters better than anything I know of. Standard industry tests show its the best. All synthetic media and wire backing, depth filtering, no paper filters in there! Ez to find too. Big name company. Whats not to like?

I would go with M1. Try to get it with an OC special at AAP or AZ so it's free. 2nd choice would be Wix. Fram ultra is a top notch filter, as many have pointed out, but I actually like the Fram Toughguard better for his case, since it filters to same level as Fram ultra, but is cheaper than ultra.... And he won't be really getting his money's worth for the ultra since he doesn't do extended OCIs

Yes I've been reading more about the Mobile 1, its micron size is 10 and 99.2% efficiency cant be matched. 12.72 shipped is not too high of a price for the best.

yota4me quote

"The book "How to select a motor oil and filter for your car or truck" (very good/informative) from Noria Corporation (bookstore at www.noria.com), cites a GM study that showed that engine life can be increased 2.7 times by using an oil filter with a SAE J1858 efficiency rating of 98.7% for particles of 10 micron size as opposed to/compared to using an economy grade filter with an efficiency rating of 98.7% @ 40 microns (150,000 miles for 40 micron filtration vs. 405,000 miles for 10 micron filtration). Efficiency of the air filter is also very important.I've looked/researched and can only find one oil filter that meets recommendation noted above for 405k miles engine life. The Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter exceeds above recommendations with a SAE J1858 multi-pass efficiency rating of 99.2% @ 10 microns ( http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_Filters.aspx ) and (PAGE 2) ( http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb...ic;f=6;t=003298 ). With less efficiency, the Puralator Pureone is 93.5% @ 10 microns"

If I buy 4 or more at AAP and use a discount code I can get them for 11.70 with tax plus some "speed perks"

Last edited:
Little cars can be the best. My 1993 festiva have given me less problems over the years i have owned it than any other car i have had. And its got 420,000km. It is also way more fun to drive. Mind if i ask why a such short drain interval on synthetic? Anyway, best filter: wix is the best cellulose media filters there is in my opinion. Where did you find the filtering specs for it? The bypass valve is also on the thread end from them which is the sole reason i use them. If you want better filtration than that either amsoil 15k-20 or the royal purple are the only other 2 i would bother with. Here is a link to a test of oil filters. Its not the greatest or most accurite test at all so take it with a grain of salt, but its an interesting comparison. http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-eng...3t-4b11t-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back