Supertech MP Maximum Protection 20K miles filters

My ‘19 Titan can use the Fram XG7317, but the Walmart app says the Supertech MP7317 will not work. Wonder why that is?
Could be an error in the SuperTech data base. Run a different vehicle that says a Fram 7317 fits, and then see if it says the SuperTech 7317 fits that same test vehicle.

Why do we have maintained fleet vehicles engines outlasting the drive line and chassis in passenger vehicles as that is what we drive.
Because a lot of fleet vehicles get ONE cold start per day & then are driven/restarted and never really cool off again the entire day. I have gone 500 miles in one day (in the company Transit) on one cold start without the engine even getting out of operating temperature range, that's a LOT easier on everything than a 5-6 mile each way grocery getter run (that's the xB's job, and it warms up in about 1/4-1/2 mile!). Now if only the REST of the Transit could handle it...

My ‘19 Titan can use the Fram XG7317, but the Walmart app says the Supertech MP7317 will not work. Wonder why that is?
My guess, WM app/filter finder still defaults to the shorty 6607 size because the 7317 application is new-ish to the Super Tech line. Was consolidated in the past to the 6607. MP7317 will fit just fine.

The MP is 90% USA made, the ST is 100% according to the boxes. So what 10% is probably made in PRC? The media? The blue adbv?

It does appear to be a decent filter. However, I would never run Supertech anything for 20k miles.
There you go why a bias against Supertech. Walmart had the buying power to demand anything from it’s suppliers. I do agree with the statement 20k, wouldn’t run anything oil related 20k

This is a little off topic, somebody borrowed my Kona, drove it over pot hole so big it shattered the Wheel and tire, Dealer price $550 for both. Walmart price wheel so like the original it fooled the Dealer, same Hankook tire cost installed $260!!

This is a little off topic, somebody borrowed my Kona, drove it over pot hole so big it shattered the Wheel and tire, Dealer price $550 for both. Walmart price wheel so like the original it fooled the Dealer, same Hankook tire cost installed $260!!

How did the filter hold up?

My guess, WM app/filter finder still defaults to the shorty 6607 size because the 7317 application is new-ish to the Super Tech line. Was consolidated in the past to the 6607. MP7317 will fit just fine.
I bought a MP7317 oil filter today. The side of the box referenced Fram 7317, Mobil 110A and K&N 1010, all filters that I have used. The new-gem Titans like a high flow oil filter. $15+ every 5,000 miles for a high-flow RP or K&N is a little pricey. I saw a YouTube video with a cut up MP oil filter and K&N oil filter side-by-side and the only difference was the color of the can and the anti-drain back valve (and no 1" wrench off on the MP. Hopefully this will perform well and save me some $$.

The new-gem Titans like a high flow oil filter.
All filters flow the same unless the oil pump hits pressure relief, which is basically never unless you rev the engine pretty high before the cold/thick oil warms up.

I bought a MP7317 oil filter today. The side of the box referenced Fram 7317, Mobil 110A and K&N 1010, all filters that I have used. The new-gem Titans like a high flow oil filter. $15+ every 5,000 miles for a high-flow RP or K&N is a little pricey. I saw a YouTube video with a cut up MP oil filter and K&N oil filter side-by-side and the only difference was the color of the can and the anti-drain back valve (and no 1" wrench off on the MP. Hopefully this will perform well and save me some $$.
Another YT video shows that the only difference between the Supertech MP filters (@$5.48 each) and the Supertech ST filters (@ $2.97 each) is the ADBV color (I asssume the MP uses silicone and the other one uses nitrile)....$2.51 difference seems a lot for a silicone ADBV.

OTOH, the STP XL filters at AZ (the gold box ones rated to 10K) seem to be the same filter with a red silicone ADBV at an everyday price of $8.99...so in that regard the ST MP filters could be deemed a 'bargain'.

Last edited:
Another YT video shows that the only difference between the Supertech MP filters (@$5.48 each) and the Supertech ST filters (@ $2.97 each) is the ADBV color (I asssume the MP uses silicone and the other one uses nitrile)....$2.51 difference seems a lot for a silicone ADBV.

OTOH, the STP XL filters at AZ (the gold box ones rated to 10K) seem to be the same filter with a red silicone ADBV at an everyday price of $8.99...so in that regard the ST MP filters could be deemed a 'bargain'.
It depends on the model of filter. @53' Stude cut open a ST12060 and it appears to be similar to Champ's jobber offerings (e-core, felt end caps, nitrile ADBV) where as the MP12060 felt and looked very close to the ACDelco equivalent PF64. Other models, like the video you mentioned, look exactly the same (metal end caps, e-core) aside from the ADBV.

Back