Supertech MP Maximum Protection 20K miles filters

I couldnt find a thread on these so here goes. Any discussion on these Supertech Maximum Protection 20K miles filters?

Here is an example. Any differences between this and the ST 10K filters?

Also, it looks like the ST filters are going to be white going forward? (see link below)

Here's the only discussion I could find on the two. Someone in the comments is saying the new white supertech filters are purolator and not champion or champ labs or whomever usually makes ST oil filters.

According to the video for this application ONLY(in which I have seen before), the silicone anti drain back valve and the ~$2.50 higher price are the only differences.
NOW, is there something else that we can't see such as the microscopic view of the pore size in the filtration media or a media itself being of a different material?...color aside

Yeah it seems for this application, the only change is the silicone ADBV.

If the change to white filters means a change to Purolator, that indeed is different. Someone said these new white ST filters have metal cores. I think I like that better than the e-cores. I don't see how flimsy ecores could be better. Maybe they don't tear or permanently bend but they have to be way more flexible.

Same efficiency. Questionable if the dirt holding capacity is more. IMO Silicone ADBV is not needed on these below 10k. I've pulled at 5-7k and it held all the oil.

Yeah it seems for this application, the only change is the silicone ADBV.

If the change to white filters means a change to Purolator, that indeed is different. Someone said these new white ST filters have metal cores. I think I like that better than the e-cores. I don't see how flimsy ecores could be better. Maybe they don't tear or permanently bend but they have to be way more flexible.
The change to the white cans, at least in: ST12060, ST6607, and ST9688 only appears to be the color of the can. These 3 all mirrored the blue cans and still Champ construction. In fact I compared the white ST12060 with the ACDelco PF64 and it appeared to be exactly the same. I think they are trying to move away from the blue cans because they look exactly like ACDelco which charges double for the OEM label.

I believe most, if not all filters are tested at particles greater than 20 microns, so what’s the difference? 99% at 30 microns and 99% at greater than 20 microns sound the same to me

I believe most, if not all filters are tested at particles greater than 20 microns, so what’s the difference? 99% at 30 microns and 99% at greater than 20 microns sound the same to me
Filters are tested on particles with a distribution that includes particles less than 20 microns.
This is what is recommended for oil filter testing:
Which is a majority under 20 microns.

Then you're reading a bit too much into the wording...99% @ 30micron is worse than 99% @ 20micron.

But the 10,000 has the same wording as the 20,000 filter. So if you were ok with the original I don't see any issue with the other, except perhaps the 20,000 mile claim.

Last edited:
Filters are tested on particles with a distribution that includes particles less than 20 microns.
This is what is recommended for oil filter testing:
Which is a majority under 20 microns.

Then you're reading a bit too much into the wording...99% @ 30micron is worse than 99% @ 20micron.

But the 10,000 has the same wording as the 20,000 filter. So if you were ok with the original I don't see any issue with the other, except perhaps the 20,000 mile claim.
I wouldn’t run them for more than 10k same as any other synthetic blend filter

Same efficiency. Questionable if the dirt holding capacity is more. IMO Silicone ADBV is not needed on these below 10k. I've pulled at 5-7k and it held all the oil.
I agree. I change my oil at 5k so I dont see the need for the MPs. silicone ADBV is overrated IMO too. If the filter installs from the bottom, gravity will keep the oil in the can when you turn off the car anyway, right? And do rubber Adbvs often fail?

I agree. I change my oil at 5k so I dont see the need for the MPs. silicone ADBV is overrated IMO too. If the filter installs from the bottom, gravity will keep the oil in the can when you turn off the car anyway, right? And do rubber Adbvs often fail?
Yeah, but it may not keep the oil in the galleries above the filter. Some people think a filter mounted base up doesn't need an ADBV, but in many instances they still do need one to keep the oil above the filter from draining down back through the filter, depending on the engine design.

I would run it 7500 max.
Although that's all I run any of my filters frame ultra wix ect.

30 microns, 99%, that means it isn't filtering that much fine particles, which is why it may run 20k miles, if it is letting finer contaminants go through it, it will clog less, and 30 micron contaminants in an engine, seems to be less than anything under 20

30 microns, 99%, that means it isn't filtering that much fine particles, which is why it may run 20k miles, if it is letting finer contaminants go through it, it will clog less, and 30 micron contaminants in an engine, seems to be less than anything under 20
I followed everything until the last part...?

Back