Supertech Full Synthetic 0w-20, 6,011 Miles, 2021 Subaru Forester Limited

This is an early UOA for my 2021 Subaru Forester Limited. This oil was paired with a Fram Tough Guard TG-7317 oil filter. I got the TBN number because I was curious if I could go longer than the 6,000 miles specified in the manual. I’d welcome comments on experiences extending the OCI on this engine. Thank you!

Attachments

• Blackstone Subaru #1 For BITOG.jpg
    Blackstone Subaru #1 For BITOG.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 450
Just me but I'd stay at the 6k with SuperTech. That gen 3 of the FB engine with 6k OCI and a quality filter is a solid engine. Subaru did a good job addressing the past issues of 2.5.

2nd Biscut’s post. The FB is a solid engine; I don’t have experience with the DI version yet (‘18 Forester @ 68k) and my mom is on the extended warranty so she followed the 6k with PP 5w20 since the first drain other than one jug of the Idemitsu. Right now it’s got Amsoil, and with her mileage rate I told her we’ll go 1 year or 10k miles on this fill.

The XG7317 fits this but has a much lower bypass rating; if you want an OEM equivalent, try the Napa Gold 7055. I’ve C&Pd a few of them here. Decent report for low mileage! This engine will last you a long, long time!

Just me but I'd stay at the 6k with SuperTech. That gen 3 of the FB engine with 6k OCI and a quality filter is a solid engine. Subaru did a good job addressing the past issues of 2.5.
This^^^^^^^^^^. Your Vis is getting a little low to go much farther on your oci + best to get the break in junk outta there.

Thank you for the prudent advice by all of you! I’m going to stick to the 6K OCI until the iron gets down to a normal 6 ppm and then re-evaluate. And thank you for noting the low viscosity, I was so focused on the wear metals I hadn’t look at it.

One correction on the oil filter. This oil was run with a Wix 57055. The Fram is on the engine now. I felt the Wix was overkill for the 6K OCI so we’ll see on the next sample what plays out. I believe the NAPA Golds are made by Wix and they're a really good quality oil filter.

A question for FZ1. Your post starts with “This ^^^^^^^^”, what does this mean?

Again, my thanks for all of you taking the time to share your experiences and knowledge.

Back