Supertech Advanced Synthetic 0W-20, 4,704 miles, 2021 Subaru Forester Limited

Somewhat disappointing additive levels here (despite the stated trend in that direction). I was a devoted user of Supertech oil but current pricing.and what appears to be a relatively weak add pack convinces me that there are better choices at this point. .Is the same thing happening to the other iterations of this oil (Amazon Basics, etc )?

So if it was off the first time, the second time is going to be correct just because they retested it? Viscosity testing is not like a broken clock, where it’s right twice per day…
They could avg the two to get a better number. just a suggestion.

It gets 10-15 mile trips daily using the interstate. The car is garaged and in the winter we're pretty good about warming it up until the blue dash light goes out before taking off. Its a great vehicle.

IMO, it’s much better to simply drive the car gently until warmed up rather than letting it idle. DI engines seem to hate cold idling and it may be contributing to your presumed fuel dilution issue.

Just curious
What do you Subaru owners do when you change the filter after 5K miles or whatever
With all the dirt that accumulates in the oil filter base plate
Does that dirt just drain down the hole with the dirty oil from the filter or does the ADBV do it’s job and no oil drains out ??

Not my video, but.......

The ADBV holds some oil back on the dirty side, but the clean side fully drains. This is why I run a Baxter adaptor on mine. It's basically an adaptor that is an anti-siphon valve that keeps the filter and oil galleys full of oil at all times. One must use compressed air to evacuate the filter before spinning it off or you will have a -big- mess when you spin it off. The adaptor has a Schrader valve solely for this purpose.

Back