SuperTech...comes to $24 for 6 quart oil change!

Just bought a 12 quart box of SuperTech! I have read that SuperTech Advanced and Full Synthetic are exactly the same. I did look at a few voas and the add packs do have different levels, but look similiar. My experience is formulas change year after year and sometimes one batch gets more then the other...quality control.

The real test is the test! Here I have a high output 440 horsepower Ecoboost engine! Lets put it to the test!

The logistics were ideal as Walmart has shelves of it and its cheap. This box comes out to $24 per change. In pre-2020 times Walmart was always full stocked with every oil one can imagine but today the main oil at Walmart is SuperTech!

20230303_083532.jpg

The KIrkland brand is the same oil as the SuperTech as is the AmazonBasics oil...made by Warren. The big question is if the SuperTech "Advanced", "High Mileage" and "Synthetic" versions the same exact oil. From the voas I saw out there the formula appears similar. There seemed to be variations in the add pack but those variations might be because of a formula change and these changes can happen more then once a year for various reasons. The variations could also be as a result of quality control. Is the machinery at Warren exacting and puts in the same exact amounts each time? Maybe machinery settings and wear&tear of the machinery might account for variations. There could also be laboratory quality control in the analysis of the oil.

One thing I really like is the big box design. Its easy to store and stack. For this design what you need is a huge 6 quart pitcher/funnel designed for transferring motor oil. I would not suggest picking the box up and trying to spill it in there somehow. Lots of big pitchers designed for this task on Amazon. Its a great design for someone who changes their oil often.

Is the machinery at Warren exacting and puts in the same exact amounts each time?
Could be as simple as the various additives have a +/- allowance in the blend.

One thing I really like is the big box design.
Interesting.... In another thread about Walmart clearancing oil from Castrol, etc, someone suggested maybe WM is dictating that vendors supply their oils in boxes and they're clearing out the bottled versions. I said "wouldn't WM switch their own oil to boxes first?". I've never seen SuperTech in boxes until your pictures.

Just bought a 12 quart box of SuperTech! I have read that SuperTech Advanced and Full Synthetic are exactly the same. I did look at a few voas and the add packs do have different levels, but look similiar. My experience is formulas change year after year and sometimes one batch gets more then the other...quality control.

The real test is the test! Here I have a high output 440 horsepower Ecoboost engine! Lets put it to the test!

The logistics were ideal as Walmart has shelves of it and its cheap. This box comes out to $24 per change. In pre-2020 times Walmart was always full stocked with every oil one can imagine but today the main oil at Walmart is SuperTech!

View attachment 142990
And to think I could have got GTX Sybthetic or rotella cheaper 🤣🤣🤣

Whatever blows your hair back I guess

And to think I could have got GTX Sybthetic or rotella cheaper 🤣🤣🤣

Whatever blows your hair back I guess
I have done a lot of testing and this oil and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum seem to work the best. As for Rotella its not rated for gas engines and I will only put the latest API in my engine which is API SP. I have experimented with gas engine rated hdeos in the past and they didnt test as well.

GTX is not available in my store and its 5 quarts for $24. This is 6 quarts for $24.

Just had a 12 quart box of 5W30 ($52 including tax) delivered free to my front door Thursday. We have a few Walmarts up where we live within a 50 mile radius. A few are stocked with a good supply of different brands of oil and some have half empty shelves all of the time. What's hard to find at the two closet Walmarts to us is Super Tech in any grade. That's why I'll be ordering it on line for home delivery going forward.

Also you can grab a 800 ct box of Cheetos and avoid WM people. Win, win.
I like to point and laugh at them, but a lot of Wallys have their own separate automotive section and entrance that cuts down on all that. But of course cashing out can be a drag as their might only be one person at the register and there might be some old skank quibbling over the crap tires she's buying. But other than that not much different than any major auto parts chain...

I like to point and laugh at them, but a lot of Wallys have their own separate automotive section and entrance that cuts down on all that. But of course cashing out can be a drag as their might only be one person at the register and there might be some old skank quibbling over the crap tires she's buying. But other than that not much different than any major auto parts chain...
There's no one at the register when you have them ship to you direct. But I was at the store one time and all they had was self checkout so I just left my stuff in the cart and walked out!

There's no one at the register when you have them ship to you direct. But I was at the store one time and all they had was self checkout so I just left my stuff in the cart and walked out!

LOL Really I love self checkout other than the fact it's an excuse for the store to eliminate workers and massively increase theft and shoplifting! But hey, all that minimum wage salary you are saving!

So now instead of hiring people to work as checkout clerks, they hire people to watch the people that watch the people self checking out!
:LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::poop:

LOL Really I love self checkout other than the fact it's an excuse for the store to eliminate workers and massively increase theft and shoplifting! But hey, all that minimum wage salary you are saving!

So now instead of hiring people to work as checkout clerks, they hire people to watch the people that watch the people self checking out!
:LOL: :ROFLMAO::LOL::poop:
Same - I organize bags based on where they need to go on my property - or refrigerated stuff together etc

I buy stuff online and all that but not groceries unless I really have to. No one is selecting my produce for me if I can help it....

Less plastic to dispose of with the 5-quart container vs. 6 pack. Also I notice that even in the 6 pack the comparative quart cost is higher with the 6 pack at my Walmart. Perhaps because of the added cost of the cardboard box/packaging? :(

As for check out, there are maybe 10 stations. On a good day only two are staffed. Another shout-out for DIY, this time even when buying before leaving the store!

I have done a lot of testing and this oil and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum seem to work the best. As for Rotella its not rated for gas engines and I will only put the latest API in my engine which is API SP. I have experimented with gas engine rated hdeos in the past and they didnt test as well.

GTX is not available in my store and its 5 quarts for $24. This is 6 quarts for $24.
What testing?

Yeah but then you give WM your money. Then they have more money to build more WMs and more WM people are created in turn creating more WMs… and so on. It is a vicious cycle. And it must be stopped.

Back