supertech 5w20 full syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. Down here the 5/20 full syn only is a wpp product. Other grades r Citgo and delphin. It does great the whole 7500 oci.. Cheaper by$4 than nearest price gap (qsud) and msds is the same one as mag 1 5/20 full syn dexos. Why bother waisting money on more expensive stuff.

Originally Posted By: fmia
It does great the whole 7500 oci..

How did you evaluate that "it does great"?

Use to do uoas with it.they were always good. Went 9000 one time and still had a good tbn and wear and all in this fusion I don't bother wasting money to test anymore.usually I tend to alter pyb 5000 to6000 one oci and st syn for 7500 the next.i dunno know why I alter for sure I guess cuz I like both oils.

I'm doing a first run of the same oil and grade in my Kia for 7500 oci I'm halfway there and so far so good made the motor quieter than the dealer bulk that was in previous. All others was qsgb for 5k oci. I don't do uoas but feal better with this for 7500 than qsgb for 5000 just based on others uoas I've read. Might be the new oil for my kias.

Wobblyelviss probably is under used but I don't need to do a uoa at 7500.tratman that sounds like a good plan to me.

I bought ST 5w-20 synthetic for my Elantra and my engine ran erratically the entire time I ran it. My engine would surge when I would stop, I would hear the engine tap at times after making a long drive.

I am a big fan of Supertech products, especially their high mileage motor oil, but I can't do it in my Hyundai.

Someone mentioned that it may have been my oil filter, but I was using an OEM filter from the dealership.

Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but I won't be using it in my Hyundai again in the immediate future.

After I changed back to Pennzoil Ultra, everything became normal again in about a few hundred miles.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie

After I changed back to Pennzoil Ultra, everything became normal again in about a few hundred miles.

Same oil filter as before?

Originally Posted By: jdavis

Same oil filter as before?

I changed the filter when I changed the oil, but both were from the case of OEM filters I bought from the dealership when I bought the car new.

I bought ST 5w-20 synthetic for my Elantra and my engine ran erratically the entire time I ran it. My engine would surge when I would stop, I would hear the engine tap at times after making a long drive.

Isn't your Elantra supposed to take 30?

Originally Posted By: SoNic67

Isn't your Elantra supposed to take 30?

Hyundai/Kia is speced to 5w20.

I am a big fan of Supertech products, especially their high mileage motor oil, but I can't do it in my Hyundai.

Someone mentioned that it may have been my oil filter, but I was using an OEM filter from the dealership.

Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but I won't be using it in my Hyundai again in the immediate future.

Blaming this on the oil is highly speculative. I would take the car in and see what codes were thrown considering how 'erratic' the entire oci was.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay

Blaming this on the oil is highly speculative. I would take the car in and see what codes were thrown considering how 'erratic' the entire oci was.
wink.gif

I don't think there's much to speculate to be honest with you. There was one change that occurred and it ran differently. I changed the oil and filter out to what I was using previously and it ran normally afterwards.

I don't think there's much to speculate to be honest with you. There was one change that occurred and it ran one way. I changed the oil and filter out to what I was using previously and it ran normally afterwards.

It was coincidental then, I agree that an oil can't make an engine run "erratically". Especially a name-brand oil that meets a specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back