Super Tech FS prices have increased again

I stopped in at WM early yesterday to pick up wiper fluid and brake cleaner, which is usually a buck cheaper that auto part stores.
There was carb cleaner, but no brake cleaner at all. Bummer. Guess I will hafta buy a 12 pack online?

The oils were pretty depleted. Not sure if there was any M1 at all. I almost always buy oil online and have a decent supply.

I stopped in at WM early yesterday to pick up wiper fluid and brake cleaner, which is usually a buck cheaper that auto part stores.
There was carb cleaner, but no brake cleaner at all. Bummer. Guess I will hafta buy a 12 pack online?

The oils were pretty depleted. Not sure if there was any M1 at all. I almost always buy oil online and have a decent supply.
I usually like to go to the Super Walmarts, those seem better stocked than the smaller ones. There's also one around here that's 24 hours but it's not that close and that one seems even bigger than the super walmart.

Too bad you can't get the good stuff unless maybe ordering from a small vendor that doesn't know any better.

Was at two local Walmart’s yesterday and yup, the Super Tech oil price has gone up to what others have noted. Looks like Mobil1 EP 5w30 has gone up a couple bucks, matching the price of the 0w20 (which is $29). As for the rest of the oil brands, didn’t notice any price increase or too much of a shortage overall. Castrol extended performance is the same price. Pennzoil Platinum looks the same...Valvoline looks like the same pricing (all cheaper than the Super Tech ”advanced” by the way).

Super Tech used to be my oil for when I couldn’t find sales or rebates. Now it just won’t be my oil at all, I guess. No big deal.

I've been stocking up on Havoline Pro DS since the first of the year and the price increase on ST, plus the bare shelves at WalMart. Two of the vehicles I service take exactly 6 quarts and a full Synthetic Dexos oil for $3.33 a quart at regular pricing is a good deal and may not be available at that price much longer. I've also bought several boxes of the Havoline High Mileage synblend at $17/6qts. for a couple of other vehicles I service for friends and relatives.

I tried buying DS on Walmarts website but they're all out in Chicago area...won't even ship.

Might have to buy Kirkland at Costco if still 30 for 12 quarts

Yesterday I dropped used oil off at Walmart . Wondered over to fishing lures . Tucked away at end of aisle was Quaker State 5w40 14.97 . There were six , now none . Who would have though to look for oil in fishing . Oil section pretty empty . Michigan Thumb area .

I've been stocking up on Havoline Pro DS since the first of the year and the price increase on ST, plus the bare shelves at WalMart. Two of the vehicles I service take exactly 6 quarts and a full Synthetic Dexos oil for $3.33 a quart at regular pricing is a good deal and may not be available at that price much longer. I've also bought several boxes of the Havoline High Mileage synblend at $17/6qts. for a couple of other vehicles I service for friends and relatives.
Interesting, never though about Havoline Pro DS. I can get 6 quarts of 0W20 shipped from Walmart for around $20 bucks. Just did a little research on VOA’s...looks like it’s solid and very high in moly. sounds like a good buy at that price. I’m currently running Pennzoil Platinum with a quart of Quaker State mixed in (figure they’re similar) for a 7,000 mile run. I’m at around 4,000 miles...still have a month and a half to decide what my next oil change will be.

SuperTech synthetic prices in my neck of the woods is still $17.xx and $19.xx for the 5 quart jug.

Of course prices on everything are up. Americans are selfish arrogant idiots. The more the pandemic continues the more problems it will cause. Too many macho morons out there who are the problem and not part of the solution. Anti Americans.

I usually like to go to the Super Walmarts, those seem better stocked than the smaller ones. There's also one around here that's 24 hours but it's not that close and that one seems even bigger than the super walmart.

Too bad you can't get the good stuff unless maybe ordering from a small vendor that doesn't know any better.
Nothing like a run to Walmart for motor oil at 3am.

Or stopping there on the way back a long late night trip. Pretty much no other place is open at midnight, 1am. Hardly anyone there too.

The problem I run into is that every time I go into a Walmart there are people fighting in the motor oil aisle over the last remaining jugs and quart bottles of Royal Purple. I slipped a Walmart employee a $100 bill one time and he tipped me off as to when the shipments come in and the stock gets replenished. Last time I was there I took a tent from the camping aisle and set it up in the motor oil aisle, now if any of those little people want to get their grimey hands on Royal Purple they have to come to me 😈

I haven't noticed any price changes on Supertech up here in Canada yet (and in fact with currency exchange may even be cheaper here now than in the US)

But I did notice the Costco 2-pack has gone up from $32 last year to $40 this year.

Should probably buy some now before they increase it again

The problem I run into is that every time I go into a Walmart there are people fighting in the motor oil aisle over the last remaining jugs and quart bottles of Royal Purple. I slipped a Walmart employee a $100 bill one time and he tipped me off as to when the shipments come in and the stock gets replenished. Last time I was there I took a tent from the camping aisle and set it up in the motor oil aisle, now if any of those little people want to get their grimey hands on Royal Purple they have to come to me 😈
I was thinking the exact opposite, every time I see that on the shelf it's the most full section as if no one ever buys them. Make me wonder why Walmart still carries the brand? Mobil 1, Castrol all pretty sparse. But the $37 containers of RP are all there.

Somebody must buy them though since Walmart doesn't run a storage facility.

Last edited:
Just today I needed a jug of oil and I found that Supertech full synthetic was just under $20 and about same price as Pennzoil Fs Castrol magnetic fs and QS FS. The ST advance was about equal to some of the other top brands top shelf choices.
Can’t see it staying this way otherwise why would people keep buying Supertech.
I just grabbed the bottom shelf Pennzoil which says FS in a yellow jug that looks similar to the conventional jug is or was. Which brings me to this question. Is Pennzoil still making conventional or SB oil. They had three tiers at the Walmart here all are full synthetic ranging from $19.88 and up

Back