Super Tech 75w-90 Syn Blend ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a few bottles of this for my Grand Marquis...hadn't seen it before at Walmart. Anyone know anything about it? It's $5.27 a bottle at my local store.

lube.jpg

I'm currently using it in the front and rear diffs of the Durango. It seems to be working well as everything's quiet under there. It's also way better than what was in there as that stuff looked like it had never been changed(9yrs 120k miles).

I was aware of the issues with the lube being exposed as being out-of-grade or whatever, but that was back in Jan '09 and am sure any mislabeled bottles are long removed from the store shelves.

Be sure if you're using it in a LSD diff to add friction modifier if it's called for in your owners manual. From what I gathered, this particular grade of ST has none in it's add-pack.

Originally Posted By: caravanmike
i have been using it for five years and have no issues. nice step up from conventional. mike

That's what I thought. I'm sure it's no Amsoil, but it's 1/3rd the price....for a Grand Marquis, it's probably still overkill......

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
I thought all Ford 8.8 rear ends now spec 75w140 ????

Most non-performance rears are 80w-90. At least that's what my '07 owners manual calls for.

Originally Posted By: gd9704
Picked up a few bottles of this for my Grand Marquis...hadn't seen it before at Walmart. Anyone know anything about it? It's $5.27 a bottle at my local store.

lube.jpg

It's a semi synthetic 75w-90 GL5 should be ok provided you are usung it in the right application bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back