Traveller 85w140 found at Walmart

Strange times, guys!

My Walmart is pretty picked over for gear oil, saw some Valvoline full syn 75w90 in the squeeze pouches, and this, and that's about it.

Traveller 85w140, a hair under five bucks, on the shelf. Even reads "exclusively for Tractor Supply" on the back. No price tag, but scanned at checkout, so it "belongs." Price was about 50 cents above the Supertech, which was not in attendance.

WM has been pretty picked over, I had to hit a couple different stores a couple months ago to get the ST syn at its reasonable qt price. Now can't find that.

Walmart probably buying rejects/overstock from distributor. I remember the first time I realized wm's, not so transparent, selling practices. I went to go buy an air conditioner that walmart was selling "New" & found out it was actually a re-manufactured one. It did come with a standard one year warranty though. Oil is probably on the safe side of things though. Sounds like a decent deal on that multi-grade gear oil though & would be great if it met your axle specs. This time of year there are plenty of shoppers inside stores readying for the holidays so "Picked Over" & "not in attendance" sounds about right.

Back