Suggestions for narrow wiper inserts for rear blade?

This is for the rear in a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The OEM is a Valero 12A, but that’s complete with the insert on an assembly. I pulled out the insert and it looks like a narrow (5mm?) insert with two metal ribs that come out easily. I figure I can just get a generic insert and just trim it to the right length while reusing the ribs. Possibly get two uses out of a longer insert.

I remember when Trico used to sell trim to fit inserts, although I think they were generally meant for one end to fit with the wiper assembly. These inserts are straight all the way through.

This is for the rear in a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The OEM is a Valero 12A, but that’s complete with the insert on an assembly. I pulled out the insert and it looks like a narrow (5mm?) insert with two metal ribs that come out easily. I figure I can just get a generic insert and just trim it to the right length while reusing the ribs. Possibly get two uses out of a longer insert.

I remember when Trico used to sell trim to fit inserts, although I think they were generally meant for one end to fit with the wiper assembly. These inserts are straight all the way through.
Look on Amazon. You can buy generic refills and cut to length. That’s what I do, and I reuse the steel “springs” that slot into the rubber.

Measure the insert width, and search for that width specially.

OEM
Aftermarket rear wiper blades are few and far between.

Other than a Valeo 12A, there is an Anco direct-fit replacement.

The assembly is really durable. I remember I rigged some 12" Anco wiper inserts for the factory one before, but it sat kind of high. The actual rubber has markings on the side, but otherwise it looks like it's a completely straight piece of rubber without anything like notches or fittings.

Look on Amazon. You can buy generic refills and cut to length. That’s what I do, and I reuse the steel “springs” that slot into the rubber.

Measure the insert width, and search for that width specially.

Yeah - I thought maybe something at least 26" just so an insert could be trimmed for two uses. My worry is that I order the wrong size. But the frame looks new even after at least 3-4 years. I think Valeo makes the actual wiper assembly, so the replacement blade assembly (which I helped order) matches the arm perfectly.

My dad did order some wipers from Temu, but those were beam type. No instructions but he had me figure out how they worked. They didn't have anything for the 12" rear for a Nissan Rogue though.

Back