Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

ZZ Top is scheduled to play at Sturgis. At the request of Dusty Hill who just passed away, Elwood Francis, their guitar tech, has taken Dusty’s place. They already played a concert at Tuscaloosa.

4AEE3F01-86AA-4FCD-A20C-585824EB2E31.png

I've ridden to Sturgis 4 times in the last 6 years. The week of the actual rally is busy to say the least. But you must check it out. I recommend the week before or after the rally if you don't care for crowds or looking for price breaks on anything.....

Reactions: GON
I experienced it 20 years ago, from the seat of the CBR1100XX I owned at the time. Nice area with lots of things worth seeing. Waaaay too crowded for me to want to go during the Rally again.

Reactions: FZ1
Spectacle is a good word for it. I went to the 50th, and to a couple after that. Bunch of really nice guys and gals. One rule for the bike show downtown: Look, don't touch. That's it for the rules. :) Joan Jett kicked @$$. I wonder what it's like these days. Hope its not a bunch of dentists trailering their bikes to Rapid City and riding them into Sturgis.

Spectacle is a good word for it. I went to the 50th, and to a couple after that. Bunch of really nice guys and gals. One rule for the bike show downtown: Look, don't touch. That's it for the rules. :) Joan Jett kicked @$$. I wonder what it's like these days. Hope its not a bunch of dentists trailering their bikes to Rapid City and riding them into Sturgis.

When I was asked what I thought after I went, I called it the Sturgis Motorcycle Trailer Rally. Trailer to the nearby towns, then ride into Sturgis after a grueling 20 or so mile ride...

Seemed to defeat the purpose to me. But people are free to do as they wish.

Have never had any desire to attend the rally, People dressed like thugs, and loud exhaust noise for a week solid, is not my cup of tea. A 4 day trip to the roads of NW Arkansas in the fall, is my Sturgis.
You could get sort of the experience at Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville, then head over to Harrison and ride, many of those roads are excellent and too far for the HD types to ride to.

Rod

Haha. Half the guys dressed like thugs are actually dentists and accountants blowing off steam. Still, watch your manners. ;)
To me the thug image is not one to aspire to. Dentists could be classified as thugs, they constantly rip off people who can least afford it.

apoligies to any dentists here. Since released from my childhood dentist, who was a sadist. I have only been to the same dentist more than once. Unfortunately I moved from there.

Back