Stupid 7317 Filter Wrench Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tblt44
I have been using the Lisle for over 15 years.
Works great on any filter you can get it on.
It can be covered in oil ,grease ect. It comes off.

Probably 35 years here. Never once failed.

You guys ROCK. 49ers and Lisle 63600 baby!
We were at Levis Stadium last Saturday to watch the 9ers advance to the NFC Championship.
They gave us this lousy towel.

Gotta go flag down some motorist and change their oil to test this thing...

IMG_20200117_144911.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
We were at Levis Stadium last Saturday to watch the 9ers advance to the NFC Championship.
They gave us this lousy towel.

Look at the bright side, Jeff. At least there are no former Niner quarterbacks pictured on it
smile.gif

i bought one and by the price expected it to be made overseas. got it today and to my surprised its made in USA. i already have all kinds of filter wrench so this is just another tool in the arsenal

I used the Lisle on the factory hydrostatic filter on my tractor. They're installed at the factory prior to paint with no oil on the gasket and torqued very high. Many people have issues with them.

Took it off no problem with a long handled ratchet.

Last edited:
Had to use the Channellock pliers for a 7317 off of my eclipse. Dented the can but it came off after some light swearing. I ended up buying the same lisle wrench and will have to try it out in the spring. Any filter that is larger and if room isn't an issue, I usually go for the Channellock pliers over the ratchet style tools. Those pliers came in handy removing multiple stuck Wix 51515 filters off of the gear lube system off Acme Gridley Chuckers at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back