Study on the cars with the most reckless drivers

I was going to say Ram 1500s, but I see it's already on the list. My experience is the people driving them will do anything to pass no matter the speed, road conditions, visibility or the speed I'm going. All they see is a GMC or Chev HD truck, and they have to pass it. Maybe they feel inferior, or it's just a small package thing.
Gotta let the hemi sing 😉

Until it turns a lifter into powdered metal… and cracks exhaust manifold studs. But for those glorious 10 seconds it sounds great!

Gotta let the hemi sing 😉

Until it turns a lifter into powdered metal… and cracks exhaust manifold studs. But for those glorious 10 seconds it sounds great!
Remember those Ram TV commercials? "Yeah it's a hemi". Starting with the 50s Red Ram hemi and 60s 313 CID "poly" engine, except for blown applications or racing where fuel efficiency is not important, the no quench hemi is a bad cylinder head design.
Back when 89 WLS Chicago was a AM rock station, we used to hear **** Landy Dodge ads with 440 6-pack this and Hemi that.
Maybe Ram owners are stuck in 1969?

Last edited:
Remember those Ram TV commercials? "Yeah it's a hemi". Starting with the 50s Red Ram hemi and 60s 313 CID "poly" engine, except for blown applications or racing where fuel efficiency is not important, the no quench hemi is a bad cylinder head design.
Back when 89 WLS Chicago was a AM rock station, we used to hear **** Landy Dodge ads with 440 6-pack this and Hemi that.
Maybe Ram owners are stuck in 1969?
I’m so aging myself here… I was in the single digits age wise when the hemi returned in 2003 😅

I wouldn’t say stuck in 1969, but on the whole Dodge/Ram tends to attract the more… rambunctious crowd.

I ride a bicycle 15 miles a day, every day. Been riding a bicycle for several years now. There *are* patterns as to what people drive, when they lack sufficient driving skill.

Ford Super Duties, any model of BMW, Dodge Rams, any model of Jeep, and non-hybrid Toyota. There's your top 5 favorite vehicles of those who lack sufficient driving skill... but apparently don't realize it.

The non-hybrid Toyotas are consistently the worst... day after day after day. Just a total lack of driving skill. If I had to predict a vehicle that would hit and kill me, it would be a non-hybrid Toyota.

Which vehicles are most courteous to me on regular basis? Any model of Subaru, and any Hybrid version Toyota.

Last edited:
I’m so aging myself here… I was in the single digits age wise when the hemi returned in 2003 😅

I wouldn’t say stuck in 1969, but on the whole Dodge/Ram tends to attract the more… rambunctious crowd.
Maybe they value their truck in how many packages of cigarettes and cases of beer they might have to go without?

While I believe some cars tend to attract more aggressive drivers, I've seen pretty much every brand/model with an A-hole behind the wheel. Today on my way to work someone in a 10 year old Camry was passing every car in our line over the double yellow, then ran the red light at the intersection.

When I worked in insurance claims I saw some pretty ridiculous blunders caused by "professional" drivers. 🤷‍♂️

392 charger/challenger takes the cake for most dangerous and recklessly driven vehicles on the road.

unlike hellcat drivers who have nothing to prove and avoid picking fights, 392s are targets of vicious bullying. they try to prove they’re not slow at every stoplight

Last edited:
Years ago , there was a young aggressive driver that passed us and many others at very high speeds over the 55 M.P.H. zone on double lines . Lost sight of him , but caught up to him because the car was on its side .

Last edited:
Over here idiots are easily recognised.
BMW, followed by the Audi and MB.
All 7+ years old cars with 200k km driven by the gentleman immigrants from neighbouring countries. Bald head and a massive gold chain is a must.

All 7+ years old cars with 200k km driven by the gentleman immigrants from neighbouring countries. Bald head and a massive gold chain is a must.
:LOL: I can almost picture that in my head.

I live near a college town, and work on a college campus. There are so many luxury cars driven by everyone from 18 year old kids fresh off the boat to 70 something year old professors that it's hard to pinpoint a brand of any vehicle as being a favorite for reckless drivers. I've seen reckless moped riders zooming in and out of traffic, reckless drivers in Porsches, and everything in-between.

L200 is on the list bcs. purchase qualifies as reckless.

How so? We got our daughter an off lease L200 cheap for senior year HS and she drove it for 11 years only needing tires, batteries and an AC compressor. Bought for $3400, sold in 2015 for $2000, cheapest car to run she'll ever own. Numbingly boring, under powered and poor noise insulation...... check. It's still running.

No Tesla? I call fake. Tesla owners routinely stuff their vehicles into the back of fire trucks. and through other people's houses as of late.

On the west coast it's "new Canadians" with new MBs, EVOs, WRX, GTRs and BMWs. Not the parents, but their sons.
Daughters get nothing and must marry well.
Edit; Maybe a grand piano if they practice.

I’ve observed some Tesla drivers who can win records in cognitive dissonance with respect to the odor of their waste.

My office overlooks a busy road right down the street from a stoplight. My attention is frequently distracted by Chargers going full tilt going down the bike lane. Welcome to Minneapolis…

There should be some data regarding age. Remember the thread that started with the link of the video of a new teen driver and the new high HP car his parents brought him. Some adults have no idea of where to draw the line with an inexperienced driver.

In years past I would also be looking for that to be further broken down into gender, but now days that is politically incorrect. I think most insurance companies can not even look at that, and just group all genders together.
In my area it's more about the gender of the driver rather than type of vehicle. Here, if I see a woman driver with her hair in a bun and wearing sunglasses, I know to stay as far away as possible...the vehicle type to watch out for here is definitely the Charger...

I dont even get excited when i hear v8 rumble anymore cause its always some doofus in a purple dodge with at least one piece of body cladding slightly out of place.
Around here those doofuses are driving Chargers...and the front and rear ends of the cars are usually all banged up...it looks like they use them as battering rams...

Back