2013 Courtesy Car

Couple of questions: are they selling this as “new”? You mention CPO which typically means preowned. Does the state you live in require them to title the car for that use? If so that makes it a little more ‘used’ and ought to get little more off price. Also, being a 2023 how long has dealer had it? Check the mft date on the body—they surely have had to had it a fair amt of time also increasing their desire to move it.
My current vehicle was a BMW X5 courtesy car. It was mft in Sept 2017 and I bought it at end of Jan 2018 with 4500 miles. Bought it as new as I got the origin cert from dealer. I got approximately the same percent off you reference and haven’t had any issues. My opinion is people will treat these cars a little more gently than a rental one so should not have been ‘rodded’. Good luck.

Yes, the dealer took title to the car and owned it for 3 months or so making it used. Mfg 8/23, dealer purchased 12/23, offered for sale as CPO 3/24.

That you've been successful in being so secretive regarding the make and model of this vehicle over 10 posts makes me suspicious of the voracity of your claims.
Some people car shopping thinks they're jinxed if the "Doxx" the cars they're looking at, lest they get "sold out from under (me)."

Service loaners are a big pass for me. It's probably been run through a tunnel wash a ton of times as it's been loaned out. No idea how it was broken in. Lazy people crushing the side bolsters and kicking the sills. But I'm crazy so take that with a grain of salt.

Service loaners are a big pass for me. It's probably been run through a tunnel wash a ton of times as it's been loaned out. No idea how it was broken in. Lazy people crushing the side bolsters and kicking the sills. But I'm crazy so take that with a grain of salt.

That's any used car...and any new car before it gets to you.

That's any used car...and any new car before it gets to you.
Right, but a used car will likely have a larger discount. And it's not any new car. My last 2 cars and my wife's car were delivered the day before we arrived and still had all the plastic wrapping on them per my request.

The Service loaner cars can be a good deal. My 2015 Camry was a loaner car. It had 17k miles and they upgraded the radio and added a sunroof. I had the remaining factory warranty and they CPO'ed it for me. I traded it in for my current car in 2021. It had 125k miles. The only thing I replaced other than regular maintenance was the rear brakes. The calipers were sticking (Thanks to the winters in Syracuse).

The price was about $1200 under what a 2016 LE was. In today's market, who knows.

Back