Struts for 3rd Gen Honda Pilot

Looking to get a pair of front struts for a 2018 Honda Pilot. The factory units started leaking with 28,000 miles and they cannot be replaced under warranty because the vehicle is USDM and currently outside the U.S. Looking online, the only option appears to be OE: 51611-TG7-A01 (passenger) and 51621-TG8-A01 (driver). Other than the FCS struts on RockAuto, are there any other aftermarket alternatives that are decent? Tokico and KYB appear to have nothing for this application. Thanks!

Nothing from Bilstein or Koni I'm afraid. Wasn't sure about Tokico, maybe they are.

I would use OE before that FCS or Monroe crap. How much are they leaking, is it just damp or is it an actual leak? This is what Toyota says that also use OE KYB.

Leaking Fluid​

There is a piston and hydraulic fluid inside every shock and strut. The shocks or struts compress when you drive over a bump or a rough stretch of road, causing the piston to push against the hydraulic fluid. This absorbs the force of the piston. Sometimes that fluid that can leak out of the shock or strut. Believe it or not, a little leakage is perfectly normal and will look like a small wet spot on an otherwise dry shock or strut. Leakage that you need to worry about will make most of the shock or strut look wet and oily.
Edit: It is possible the extreme temps where you are is the culprit and possibly nothing to worry about.

I would use OE before that FCS or Monroe crap. How much are they leaking, is it just damp or is it an actual leak? This is what Toyota says that also use OE KYB.

Edit: It is possible the extreme temps where you are is the culprit and possibly nothing to worry about.
There's just a bit of wetness on top of the strut, but it's not pouring down or anything. Maybe just leave it as is?

I would leave it and see if the ride deteriorates, with only 28K on them there shouldn't be any problem. There is quite a bit of oil in there, a little weepage is nothing to worry about. IMO it is probably the high temps that are causing this and it will probably cease once the oil level drops a couple of mm.

Back