KYB Shocks/Struts 2006 Honda Pilot Ex-L AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXW

130K miles on 2006 Pilot EX-L AWD with OEM shocks/struts. I ordered KYB replacements for front and rear with strut mount bushings too.

The Pilot drives "smooshy" right now and I think it is long overdue for change out. Running Michelin light truck radials which have stiffer sidewall than an SUV crossover tire.

Overall looking to improve ride and handling as well as stopping distance.

If anyone has experience with similiar model Pilot and replacement suspension please weight in. I would like to know what works for other people.

I installed basic kyb struts on my subaru years ago. Ride was a little stiffer than oem but also valved to just sail over bumps at speed. you'd think that rock was gonna hurt but you'd hit it and not get banged around... better than oem. I really liked them as the car was more fun to toss around but didn't increase long trip fatigue. Good struts IMO.

I have KYB struts on my Saturn. They were quite stiff for about the first 20,000 miles, but lately they have begun to soften up considerably.

I don't know if I would expect the same durability and longevity from the replacement KYBs as you would from the OE struts, however. My friend has < 100k on his set of rear KYB struts on a Camry and they are beyond shot. The car bounces several times after each bump and is near dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back