stove parts problem

LDB

We have a ~45 year old Magic Chef electric cooktop set into the counter. The support pieces for the burner elements have become bent and no longer support the burner in a level position. There is no model number to be found, just the name Magic Chef. The part seems generic enough but I don't know where to find it with no luck on Lowe's or HD or an appliance parts website. Any advice or leads appreciated. And yes, I'd like gas but no gas service to the house. And yes, I'd like a new cooktop but that has to be mutually agreed, a sometimes lengthy process. So at this moment I only want to find these parts.

Attachments

• stove part.jpg
    stove part.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I havd a magic chef drop in. Just went to a Samsung slide in for under 700 bucks.
45 years it's time for a new cooktop. You dont like a gas range?

Here is a small magic chef gas cooktop for under 300 bucks -
Screenshot 2023-09-19 104301.jpg

I like gas but we don't have gas service to the house. I want a new cooktop and as soon as I can get authorization will explore that. Until then I'd like to find these parts to make the burners level and wobble free.

Those look like the supports that go under the electric heating element? I have that style on my range at the cottage. I found the same problem on one of them, I just bent the 3 arms back straight and was back in business. That should last long enough for your new purchase authorization to come through...

We have a ~45 year old Magic Chef electric cooktop set into the counter. The support pieces for the burner elements have become bent and no longer support the burner in a level position. There is no model number to be found, just the name Magic Chef. The part seems generic enough but I don't know where to find it with no luck on Lowe's or HD or an appliance parts website. Any advice or leads appreciated. And yes, I'd like gas but no gas service to the house. And yes, I'd like a new cooktop but that has to be mutually agreed, a sometimes lengthy process. So at this moment I only want to find these parts.
Do a search of the serial number of the cooktop. Many times you'll find parts not sold by big box retailers. That's just not their wheelhouse.

I've had good luck with PartsWarehouse.com

I like gas but we don't have gas service to the house. I want a new cooktop and as soon as I can get authorization will explore that. Until then I'd like to find these parts to make the burners level and wobble free.
best idea is to call appliancepartspros.com, 877-477-7278 or repairclinic.com 800-269-2609 both are excellent at what they do and I bet telling them the serial number and make of your unit maybe they could help you find what you need. No need to throw out the old cooktop when you can repair it! And yes I've bought from both places, great help. Or try both of them.. see who helps the most..

Gas being outlawed in many areas. All of a sudden they say it's a health hazard, yet cigarettes are ok. Go figure.
Bunch of idiots with an agenda. Pick on the cleanest burning stuff. The street delivered stuff does go boom though mostly due to rampant incompetence and carelessness.
The war time ethos of the Greatest Generation is gone.

I bought one replacement element at HD. It comes with the 3 arm support. We'll see how that does and maybe replace the others. Otherwise a new GE unit may be on the horizon. They still make a unit with coil elements and that is mandatory I'm told.

I bought one replacement element at HD. It comes with the 3 arm support. We'll see how that does and maybe replace the others. Otherwise a new GE unit may be on the horizon. They still make a unit with coil elements and that is mandatory I'm told.
You in an apartment?

No, in a house in a suburb.
What do you mean by "that has to be mutually agreed, a sometimes lengthy process" and "that is mandatory"

Asking as I am in the "Live Free- or Die!" State and I don't hear those words.

Hope you get a workable solution. - Ken

Magic Chef anything is JUNK.
....often comes preinstalled in mobile-modular homes.

There HAS to be a nameplate somewhere riveted to it.

Magic Chef anything is JUNK.
....often comes preinstalled in mobile-modular homes.

There HAS to be a nameplate somewhere riveted to it.
I'm sure it's the cheapest junk the builder could get. He used one set of rebar for all his garages, moving it in the night from one to another til the inspector signed off and then moving to another. Our garage floor caved in due to nothing but air beneath it and no rebar. There might be a sticker or something on the bottom of the cooktop where I can't get to it.

Last edited:
Back