storing a 2 stroke scooter...need guidance

bought a genuine roughhouse 50 2t earlier this year & need guidance on storing a 2-stroke scooter with a separate oiling system; in past years with 4-stroke motorcycles & scooters I parked them under the eve of my patio, filled gas tank with 93 octane & a fuel stabilizer (ran some thru the carburetor by running the engine), slightly overinflated the tires, locked & covered, trickle charger battery; if weather allowed, I would start & idle engine for a few minutes from time to time...

what will differ with a 2-stroke scooter with separate oil injection system?

My scooter has been sitting for a couple of years, and used it once last year. Charge the battery and go. If it's outside, maybe check for mason bees in the tail pipe.

I would think that simply adding a fuel storage additive and keeping the battery charged would be sufficient. Since you don't mix oil to the fuel and you don't get the benefit of any fuel stabilizer in the oil then you should add it to the fuel tank and run the scooter long enough to get it circulated throughout the system.

Fill the tanks (oil and fuel), air the tires and keep the battery charged. Personally I'd put small plywood pads under the tires and keep it covered. That should serve you well until next spring when you can take that monster out and terrorize the motorways :)

I would store it with the tank/carburetor dry. 93 octane and fuel stabilizer won't make much difference. It might help the fuel last another 2 weeks before it goes bad, especially if stored outdoors.

E0 gas with a good marine stabilizer. If you can't get it locally then drain the tank and put some of the canned E0 gas in it and run it through the carb with stabilizer in it. That's how I stored my 2 stroke snowmobiles for summer for decades. Plug the exhaust pipe to keep varmints out.
Air intake needs to be critter protected also. Battery on a maintainer and leave it alone. Starting and idling never gets motor up to normal operating temperature and is not good for it as it leaves condensation in the motor. Just leave it alone until riding season comes around again.

I would start & idle engine for a few minutes from time to time...
It's bad to start and run an engine for only a few minutes. If you're going to start it up, let it run to full operating temperature.

bought a genuine roughhouse 50 2t earlier this year & need guidance on storing a 2-stroke scooter with a separate oiling system; in past years with 4-stroke motorcycles & scooters I parked them under the eve of my patio, filled gas tank with 93 octane & a fuel stabilizer (ran some thru the carburetor by running the engine), slightly overinflated the tires, locked & covered, trickle charger battery; if weather allowed, I would start & idle engine for a few minutes from time to time...

what will differ with a 2-stroke scooter with separate oil injection system?
Congrats on your Genuine scooter. I have a 2022 Roughhouse 50 scooter. I've been running ethanol free 91 octane since day 1, I've added StarTron fuel stabilizer/fuel treatment to the gas because it was recommended by the dealer. If you have access to ethanol free gas I'd run that. As others have said trickle charge the battery or charge it up once a month and air up the tires. Once I know I'm done riding for the year I'll fill the gas tank all the way up.

a think you'll be fine storing it the way you stored your 4t machines. My only question would be does it have a plastic or metal fuel tank? Plastic is fine to run it dry...if it's metal I'd definitely want it full of ethanol free, stabilized fuel to avoid condensation damage.

yeah...gonna store it with full tank of fuel (metal); while not ethanol free (kinda rare in my area) it is 91-93 octane & treated with a good dose of k100 gas treatment; tried other stuff in the past (startron, stabil blue, stabil red, stabil 360, ethanol shield) and had ignition issues after bikes/scoots sat idle for 4-6 months; I would add k100 & let mix with fuel for several hours and they came back to life...now I store with a strong dose of k100 and starting seems easier; just gotta top off the oil to keep condensation space minimized in the oil tank...

Back