Stopped in at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in @ my local Wal-Mart here in Easton this morning to get rid of some motor oil. And of course I had to check out the oil section of the store. Well, I saw some NextGen & White Bottle`s with the letter "D" on them? Then upon further investigation, further back was the dreaded word written...."DELETED" on the back few jugs!! So I asked the Guy who has been their practically forever if they were not going to sell the Valvoline anymore? And he said once what was left in stock was gone, that was it? I`m sorry, but I just dont understand this? Why in the world would Wal-Mart do this??

That is strange. Maybe they're just not stocking those products anymore? I've worked warehouse retail for awhile, and some items get 'Deleted' that actually sell quite well. Normally, they get replaced by another similar/newer item. Either that or Valvoline isn't selling well there because of how it's priced in comparison to the other oils around it. What is the price of a 5-qt jug of VWB and NextGen there?

I`ve noticed Walmart`s oil selection is getting VERY mediocre! Looks like I`ll be paying auto parts chains` prices here soon.

If it doesn't sell Walmart will no longer carry it. That goes for any retailer.

NextGen would be a great seller if it was 25% less expensive than the white bottle Valvoline dino.

Best place to get oil these days is probably Amazon. Free shipping too if it`s over something like $25 I think. Can`t beat that!

Amazon is getting too big for any company - gotta cut that big boy down at the kneecaps before it eats your poodle!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Amazon is getting too big for any company - gotta cut that big boy down at the kneecaps before it eats your poodle!

Yep, I agree, it is so EASY to buy from them...too easy if you ask me, what does this mean for competition and brick and mortar stores. Yes, at least half the time or more I prefer to walk into a store and see what I am buying in the flesh BEFORE I pay for it. Returns are usually easier and free too.

Last edited:
"If it doesn't sell Wal-Mart won't carry it" is only part of the truth. The Walton Empire (subsidiary of Network 23, wholly owned by the Zik-Zak Corp.), including both Wally World and Sam's Club offers any potential supplier a price......a price for a huge amount of product. It is very tempting for a manufacturer to try to meet these lowball prices, and sometimes it goes wrong. Some manufacturers will play this game, some won't, and you don't see those products in Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. Sounds like Valvoline may be refusing to play their game.

Originally Posted By: Rico567
"If it doesn't sell Wal-Mart won't carry it" is only part of the truth. The Walton Empire (subsidiary of Network 23, wholly owned by the Zik-Zak Corp.), including both Wally World and Sam's Club offers any potential supplier a price......a price for a huge amount of product. It is very tempting for a manufacturer to try to meet these lowball prices, and sometimes it goes wrong. Some manufacturers will play this game, some won't, and you don't see those products in Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. Sounds like Valvoline may be refusing to play their game.

This man speaks the truth, wal-marts sets their price point and if you will not meet it, they will buy from someone else. That is one of the main reasons you see bad products there, and some name brands at nice prices. On the other hand you will not see some names at all.

Originally Posted By: Knox
Originally Posted By: Rico567

This man speaks the truth, wal-marts sets their price point and if you will not meet it, they will buy from someone else. That is one of the main reasons you see bad products there, and some name brands at nice prices. On the other hand you will not see some names at all.

This is Correct.

The Duopoly does it down here with groceries. Pay farmers a pittance, reducing the farm gate price they are willing to pay for their dairy to uneconomical levels.

Price of milk has been $1 per litre for many years. Good for the consumer, bad for the farmer.

VWB up here at Walmart is always way, way low, like lower than everything else. It certainly could be that Valvoline doesn't wish to play the game anymore.

Last rollback on PYB was something like $13.88 for the jug. The similar sized jug on rollback here in VWB was $9.88.

I was in Walmart today and noticed boxes of 5w-30 QSUD 5 qt jugs. There must have been 10 boxes (4 jugs to a box). There was also a pallet waist high of Rotella T 5w-40 5qt jugs in the middle isle. There was about 15 jugs of G-0il,

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
I miss the days when WM had about every oil you could think of.

^^Man,me too! Walmart had EVERY oil you could imagine,in every weight. They had oddball weights that you`d never see in an auto parts chain,AND at affordable prices!

Around here Mobil oils have the largest shelf space by far. I was in there two weels ago and bought a jug of 0-20 and there were 5 jugs of that left. The first of last week I was there again and noticed all of the 0-20 had been sold.

I was at walmart 2 days ago and they had a [censored] load of quaker state "defy". an entire shelf of 5qt jugs all defy in 5w-20, 5w-30, and 10w-30.

Still no VOAs but if it really does have alot of extra ZDDP then many people who don't need it might grab it since its everywhere at a good price and if theres too much of a good thing the government might step in and get butt hurt about people using this oil and having emission problems and ruin it for the rest of us who need to ZDDP.

I just stopped into my local WM today to pick up a quart of PYB in 5w20 for a top off...nothing! No QSGB, Pennzoil HM, Defy, or even VWB in 5w20 qt bottles! I have never experienced that, crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back