Stopped in at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart dropping Valvoline!!! sucks!!! I'm becoming a big fan of Valvoline products, especially their 4-stroke motorcycle oil for use in my rides...

Originally Posted By: tig1
Around here Mobil oils have the largest shelf space by far.

M1's been on rollback here, so it's been absolutely cleaned out. Unfortunately, they haven't stocked Mobil conventional for a number of years.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Unfortunately, they haven't stocked Mobil conventional for a number of years.

Walmart is the only store near me that stocks MS5K 5W-20 in 5.1QT jugs. All of the auto parts stores only have it in quarts. I like the 5.1s they take up so much less shelf space than the cases do...

I went into Blain's Farm & Fleet recently, and found Valvoline MaxLife for $4.49/qt., nearly $1 cheaper than Wal-Mart's standard price of $5.38! I'll happily shift all of my oil purchase needs to them, if WM is going to start messing with Valvoline users.

Just back from Walmart here in Ma and M1 and PU prices have retreated!!!! Down!!!! 26.48, 28.39! Thats where they were before the last increase. i didnt have a paper to write down but my eye says price drop is widespread.

On another note I bought my first purolator classic at walmart for $3.97. I notice right away there's not much of a gasket, and wonder if thats why there have been complaints of leaks, that they are metal to metal before the gasket takes..about to find out...

Walmart has been reducing their selection on everything not just oil! Makes purchasing and warehousing cheaper and more efficient on their end. Not mention they can beat down the suppliers even more because vendor selection will even more competitive and the purchased amount will be even greater.

The selection out here hasn't really gone down, oil selection at least. Oil FILTERS are dwindling down.

The thing that has gotten me about WM is the prices have gone way up. I'm just evolving into more of a oil sale hound to get oil at a cheaper price and load up when I can.

Tonight at Walmart OIL PRICES ARE DOWN, Added purolator classics so there are MORE FILTERS. Shelves were PACKED with oil and filters tonight.

Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID

The thing that has gotten me about WM is the prices have gone way up. ...............

It's called "inflation" and even Wal-Mart can not totally suppress it from their suppliers and eventually have to pass it on.

Given logistics, refined oil products is one of those things that they can not offshore and then import with the expectations of cheaper prices.

The NextGen phase-out must be regional. I've been in two Walmarts in the past week, and neither indicate that NextGen is going away. Both had the same price as they always have. $15.57.

Stopped in at two Wal Marts on the north side of Atlanta over the weekend. Valvoline is in plentiful supply here, no "D" signs anywhere. Only oil they were low on was Supertech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back