Stop wasting your Money!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3n

I have always been amazed at people changing the oil at 3k or 5k. Had a 1995 Toyota Camry v6 ran Mobil 1 synthetic 10K oil changes at 200k my front valve cover started to leak when I took the cover off the inside looked brand new. Car never burned a drop of oil. Now I run Mobil 1 in my 2015 F150 and using Mobil ! EP 20K have 80,000 so far and no problems. Do you know how often 20 million dollar jet engines get the oil changed?

First post after 2 years?

For some of us, time and driving patterns are more of a factor than miles. For one person, it could take 6 months to rack up 10K miles, and that's fine. For another person, it could take 3 years to rack up 10K miles, and that may or may not be fine.

20 million dollar jet engines are totally different than any cost reciprocating engine.
it is foolish comparing a turbine to a reciprocating engine. I will agree though in some circumstances oil changes can be too frequent and in other instances extended too far.

Last edited:
I would follow the manual especially if the requirement is for synthetic in the manual like it is for my Subaru Crosstrek.

But there is always the case where you are getting close to an oil change and down some on the dipstick. I often just change rather than adding makeup oil.

To divert attention, I’ll offer up this sampling of CK-4 motor oil. Have fun.

1D3FE4C8-7DFF-4A9E-882C-5E92D66DEB92.jpeg

What works for a Camry 3.0 may not work for, as an example, a GM 3.6. A great number of folks who took their Cadillac CTS OCIs out that far paid for it later with a timing chain replacement and a cylinder head de-sludging. 5,000 mile OCI on that engine is insurance, not waste. Be glad you have a '95 Camry. Best not try long OCIs on '97 - '02 V6 Camrys.

I have always been amazed at people changing the oil at 3k or 5k. Had a 1995 Toyota Camry v6 ran Mobil 1 synthetic 10K oil changes at 200k my front valve cover started to leak when I took the cover off the inside looked brand new. Car never burned a drop of oil. Now I run Mobil 1 in my 2015 F150 and using Mobil ! EP 20K have 80,000 so far and no problems. Do you know how often 20 million dollar jet engines get the oil changed?
Do YOU know how often jet engines get their oil changed?

Or the type of oil they use and the size of their sumps?

Or the COST of an oil service?

Or the rate of oil consumption?

🎣

Now now, read the latest comments on the “Increasing Hostility on Bitog” especially by the Townies. LOL. The OP expressed an opinion on longer OCI’s.
No need to bash. :)
How is replying a show of hostility ? If we posted no that is wrong would that be hostile? If we posted you are an idiot so go pound sand because you are not following the BITOG majority posters latest trend of thought would that be hostile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back