stock market

- Long haul big rig 18 wheel truckers reporting the economy and manufacturing is slowing down. When truckers that crisscross the USA for 7-8 weeks (go home for 2 weeks) say loads are getting difficult to find...... that’s a BIG red flag. Truckers are no doubt the ’eyes’ of our economy, not some bozo on Mad Money TV show. American economy revolves around truckers and when they are parked at Flying J , Petro or Loves truck stop for 4 days with no loads to haul there’s trouble ahead.
- Truckers reported oil glut, mass layoffs and bankruptcies in oil & gas, fracking industry looong before crude oil price turned negative
- CSX, Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern parking many locomotives and freight trains across the USA in storage yards .....

Good information, but how do you access it?

Yep. It's called arithmetic. Tax Revenue - Spending = Deficit or Surplus.
Imagine that...
Yeah, don't take medical advice from people who aren't doctors. Or economic advice from people who aren't economist. The Fed actually thinks inflation isn't a concern and has already said they won't jack up interest rates until they actually see a rise instead of just the shadow of inflation. So when people claim otherwise, you have to question their credentials and their data. I'm not saying they're wrong, I just haven't seen any data.

Same deal with second stimulus. Haven't heard any talk of that and the talk now is actually raising taxes as the next step. Sometimes all people can do is relive the past and not actually project the future. Let's see the data, haven't seen any so far for that. Data that's out there actually says the opposite. Air travel is up, the rich are sitting on over 2 trillion that's been saved up due to no vacations/eating out, there's 1.9 trillion being injected, lots of others say get ready for a boom especially with most of the population vaccinated by June.

Last edited:
Jack Watts,

I felt the 10 year bull run was coming to an end in late 2019 and went to 90% cash. This is what got me worried:

- Yield Inversion
- Buffet having $140B in cash on the sidelines
- Out of control nightly bank Repos and the Fed coming to the rescue
- Record number of CEOs in 2019 quitting, cashing out and dumping their stock / cashing in their stock options
- Crazy amount of corporate stock buybacks to pump and dump the stock while exponentially increasing toxic debt
- Long haul big rig 18 wheel truckers reporting the economy and manufacturing is slowing down. When truckers that crisscross the USA for 7-8 weeks (go home for 2 weeks) say loads are getting difficult to find...... that’s a BIG red flag. Truckers are no doubt the ’eyes’ of our economy, not some bozo on Mad Money TV show. American economy revolves around truckers and when they are parked at Flying J , Petro or Loves truck stop for 4 days with no loads to haul there’s trouble ahead.
- Truckers reported oil glut, mass layoffs and bankruptcies in oil & gas, fracking industry looong before crude oil price turned negative
- CSX, Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern parking many locomotives and freight trains across the USA in storage yards

What do all these insiders know that that average small investor doesn’t know ?
:unsure:

Just like you.... I poured all my cash back into the market when the illness shut down the global economy. I missed the bottom by 2 weeks and simply rode the wave up till present day. I’m now taking profits here and there.

Folks can laugh at me for my analysis.... they won’t be laughing at the results of my crazy market gains.

View attachment 48894

I’m seeing more freight trains … possibly because it’s cheaper when managed right. And they have all converted to hauling the ocean shipping containers … this would leave some trucks with a shorter haul to final destination perhaps

I cashed out. I did so a bit early, as I missed out on about 2k of profits, but I still turned $2800 into $9100, inside 1 year, which was very near to my goal. It was a fun ride!View attachment 49900

Very nice. Imagine if you had a million dollars cash to invest ?

Good information, but how do you access it?

Watching various truckers on YouTube and listening to what they report.

how many of you are cleaning up and filling your ira and 401k's etc before end of year? i dont trust this market very much right now i have been recovering my losses slowly and slowly getting out of individual stock and selling off shares of mutual funds etc. i want to take a different approach next year hopefully all this election fiasco will be over and the economy can try to recover from this past year of doom. if that is the case i want to follow the s&p, nasdaq and russell 2000. will most likely pick up mutual funds that track the following nasdaq and russell 2000...i am already in a s&p 500 fund.

for now i am watching this market close out the 2020 calendar year and have most all my ira's parked in the money market cash reserves.. if anyone cares to share their investment strategy for 2021 and on i'd be interested in hearing so. happy holidays and god bless all.. if your faith is elsewhere, many blessings to those who believe differently.
I think you cant never go wrong with a mutual fund balanced 60/40 .... you are not going to break any record but you are going to get decent return in basically all situation ... like everything in life for me , Im too poor to get what is perceived the best , or the cheapest , so , the happy medium in everything works well for me :)

I think you cant never go wrong with a mutual fund balanced 60/40 .... you are not going to break any record but you are going to get decent return in basically all situation ... like everything in life for me , Im too poor to get what is perceived the best , or the cheapest , so , the happy medium in everything works well for me :)
I basically do about 50% in the S&P 500 and then I have a few other funds that kinda tracks the Nasdaq and they've been doing slightly better than the S&P 500 but once in a while a little bit worse. No bonds and fully invested, only cash on the sides is for regular expenses. I figured I'm up over 50% over the last two years so mind as well stay full invested. It was actually pretty easy to set up a margin account and it's easy to tap if you need short term cash.

Cite your source. Look at Japan, huge debt but they don't have inflation, more like deflation. Also you might be worrying too much about taxes, I think Jeff Bezos is up 77 billion since the pandemic. As the saying goes, don't tax me, tax that guy hiding under the tree.

Don't forget that free money for the people and huge tax cuts from before both drive up the debt. But not too much outrage over the huge tax cuts.
If you read my post I did post a "source" showing our national debt at an all time high above our GDP.

wow, Japan, that isnt a very good example, lets hope to god we dont go down that road. You do know Japans stock market has only recently recovered to getting back to the levels of where it was TWENTY ONE (21) years ago.
Let me clarify, Japans stock market has been in the toilet for 2 decades and more and for the last 20 years was below the price it was in 1990 and it still is!
https://markets.businessinsider.com/index/nikkei_225?op=1

In fact, it hit 38,000 in 1990 and only recently got back to around 29,000 still about 33% off its high from 2 decades ago
https://www.macrotrends.net/2593/nikkei-225-index-historical-chart-data

Its all good, not looking to debate, I posted the reasons its smart not to take on debt, decade after decade at an alarming rate to make our lives easier and leave it for future generations to pay it back. Sooner or later the debt cycle stops, through force (downfall of a country) or financial calamity, it cant continue increasing every year for decade after decade with no will to stop it.

alarmguy,

I reread my previous post and it should of read:
I believe more stimulus is coming.

I seriously think UBI will be a regular thing, no matter what they call it.
$3-5T more this year. Stimulus is narcan to economy. Some will spend money on necessities, others will spend it on weed, Newport cigarettes, scratch off lotto tickets, alcohol, tattoos, cellphones, big screen TV, Xbox, hair extensions, jewelry, glitter N glam, etc...

CEO of Walmart recently met with some folks from Washington and explained why more $$$ needs to be printed.

I talk about this on my channel...
Like I said, I am along for the ride for whatever happens, I dont fight the market.
I do care about what is happening to the country but again, all I can do is vote and no one cares about massive debt, so again *L* Im along for the ride.
My family in a stage of our lives where looking for the big "kill" in the market is past us, Im in a good place BUT I still look for nice stable investments rather then the next big thing.
Dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind a big "kill" pick or picks but Im in the "preserve" stage with some fun money for things like that.
I guess this post makes sense ... sometimes I post to much while I am still waking up. *L*

alarmguy,

I’ve had 2 big kills in the past 5 years and now headed into retirement so I don’t need to risk anything and similar to you I have stable boring investments.

I do help my 2 sons and daughter invest into stuff that has lots of potential like tech, Tesla, etc...

I basically do about 50% in the S&P 500 and then I have a few other funds that kinda tracks the Nasdaq and they've been doing slightly better than the S&P 500 but once in a while a little bit worse. No bonds and fully invested, only cash on the sides is for regular expenses. I figured I'm up over 50% over the last two years so mind as well stay full invested. It was actually pretty easy to set up a margin account and it's easy to tap if you need short term cash.
Pretty good return :) now when you are retired ( thats my case ) i really dont think its a good idea to be fully invested in stock , but hey we all have a different level of tolerance :)

I’m seeing more freight trains … possibly because it’s cheaper when managed right. And they have all converted to hauling the ocean shipping containers … this would leave some trucks with a shorter haul to final destination perhaps

Just to let you and everyone else know - Intermodal Divisions (the train lines that carry the shipping containers) are separate from the typical freight divisions of the railroad companies. It's basically two different companies within the railroad.

Yes, intermodal is getting (well, has gotten) much larger. If you're seeing more freight trains, it's because more stuff is being shipped. And I can confirm this. The rail companies are scrambling right now to upgrade facilities in their yards to become more efficient, use less energy and handle more freight with fewer breakdowns.

If I had a million dollars I'd pay everything off and just retire, lol!
Well, you could, if you were serious about investing, and growing rich slowly.

Nobody ever gets rich quick, and your “quick kill” making a little profit in the market was cool, and fun, but did nothing to advance you towards to goal of having a million.

Disciplined, long term investing will get you there, you just have to be patient.

Just to let you and everyone else know - Intermodal Divisions (the train lines that carry the shipping containers) are separate from the typical freight divisions of the railroad companies. It's basically two different companies within the railroad.

Yes, intermodal is getting (well, has gotten) much larger. If you're seeing more freight trains, it's because more stuff is being shipped. And I can confirm this. The rail companies are scrambling right now to upgrade facilities in their yards to become more efficient, use less energy and handle more freight with fewer breakdowns.
Yes, they are going to build a new yard here …
ironically this was a switchyard town back in the wild West business days 🖋

Well, you could, if you were serious about investing, and growing rich slowly.

Nobody ever gets rich quick, and your “quick kill” making a little profit in the market was cool, and fun, but did nothing to advance you towards to goal of having a million.

Disciplined, long term investing will get you there, you just have to be patient.
Outstanding advice!

What I have learned over the years is that tax discussion is always just politics, and everyone thinks their pet projects deserve the spending (military, social services, you decide).

Regarding to who pays for the QE, these days it is the foreign government who buy up our debts and the USD holders, this is why we have sky rocketing home prices and foreign investors are buying up US assets (they are not stupid, if you don't want to honor your debt by QE away you bet they will use it to buy your assets). Drug cartels, oil princes, Soviet mobs, Holy Sees, Chinese corrupted officials, Norway Singapore sovereign funds, the Queen, Japanese big corps, Korean Chaebol, etc they all will do it indirectly via some holding companies.

Fiscal responsibilities? We voted them out a long time ago, both sides and all level of US voters voted them out, now it is all about spending and inflating and the only way to protect against inflation is to borrow someone else's money to invest and let their money inflate away.

The only way to pay for it is a big crash that reset the prices, and someone will pay for it, and now no one wants to pay for it, and we just want to fight it out until someone bought too much assets and we can let them hold the bag. In the 90s it was the Asian financial crisis, in the 08 it was HSBC and foreign investors of MBS. This time it will be whoever buying out the SPAC, it will happen in a few years.

If I had a million dollars I'd pay everything off and just retire, lol!
You can, but only in a run down 3rd world like country. These days I think 5-10M is minimal if you want a sure fire way to hedge against inflation and other black swan event / risk / medical disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: Ws6
You can, but only in a run down 3rd world like country. These days I think 5-10M is minimal if you want a sure fire way to hedge against inflation and other black swan event / risk / medical disaster.

Very few folks in the USA have the luck of FIRE. But it’s nice to dream about it.

Back