Stihl Ultra in a Banshee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the new Stihl HP Ultra full synthetic oil be used in a Yamaha Banshee which has a high-revving, 350cc, twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine? I've been looking for technical data to answer this question but am coming up short. I know you don't want to use a TW-C3 oil in a chainsaw. But I would think that the greater demands are on an air cooled oil, thus the Ultra should be fine in the Banshee. I've seen no specs on pre-mix oils unless they were TW-C3. Here's the MSDS for the Stihl Ultra oil. Sihl HP Ultra

Last edited:
I have used motorcycle 2T oil in small OPE, but never OPE 2T oil in a bike. Stihl HP Ultra full synthetic is premium stuff. I would think it would be fine, if mixed at the proper ratio.

Why chance it in your Banshee? Go to the cycle shop and get some Maxima or Bel Ray or Amsoil or Silkolene or Elf or Blenzall or Yamalube, anything made for a powersports application. The Stihl oil is made for a air cooled engine and your Banshee being water cooled requires different oil, at least they make oil for liquid cooled applications that would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back