Stick with Top Tier or convenient store gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I have not found buying fuel at a "top tier" supplier to hold any advantages - in fact Ive gotten terrible gas multiple times at top tier Shell station near me (once bitten not shy?! :)

Same here. Kwik Star (large regional/multistate chain) has top tier gas. Using that I consisently averaged between 1 1/2 to 2mpg worse on the highway than just filling up at the gas station attached to the HyVee grocery store down the street.

I think for the most part its just a marketing ploy period.

Last edited:
In the past 20 years the only complaints I hear from people I know who got bad gas was purchased from other then major brands...In the 6 cases that I know about it costed between 700 to 1200 bucks to get their cars back on line...It might have just been just bad maintenance on keeping the tanks clean...But alot of people here it seems are willing to take that chance for saving a few pennies.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Originally Posted By: yaris0128
......All gas is legally required to have detergents so how much better is Techron or V-Power? Nobody really knows.

According to Shells posted statements, Shell V Power premium has five times the federally mandated level of detergents. Regular and mid grades are represented as having twice the EPA mandated detergent levels.

It better with how much you pay for shell premium!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back