Stellantis negative sentiment

After two atrocious GM vehicles (2010 Traverse and 2013 Equinox), the Ram is my first Chrysler/Stellantis/Fiat/whatever you want to call it. Now at 38,000 miles, and haven't had any issues, other than a notice for an emissions recall that required a visit to the dealer for a software update. We'll see how the long-term reliability is, since some folks have had problems with the eTorque system. Not looking forward to the day I have to cough up a chunk of change for an eTorque battery, but then again, $1500 to replace cracking exhaust manifolds and clearing soot from the clogged air injection ports was "routine maintenance" on the Equinox. :ROFLMAO:

5.7L has been pretty much solved with lifter revision #7 or whatever we got in 2019, lol. But even then, most of those, even in the higher rate of failure years of 2010-2013, still often went like 200,000 miles before they failed, and the engines weren't locking up or anything.

Also, we can't ignore that this same issue extended to both GM and Ford with their pushrod motors, so it's more an industry (supplier) problem than it is an FCA/Stellantis one.
I’m hoping you’re right. Hope my 2020 hemi last longer than our 2019 3.6 pentastar before having to throw 4500 into a new motor, like 5 times as long at least. Hopefully the transmission last longer than the 100k the 62TE lasted, another 5.5k down the drain on that.
Sure hope your right.

I had two new Neons in late 93 sold as 95 models. We ran the crap out of them. My only issues were early fuel pump issues which were warranted and the in the day 3spd trans that killed the mpgs a bit.
I just saw a 95-99 Neon yesterday, but they are getting very rare here now... I really liked my early 95 Neon, and it was pretty decent once it got the correct headgasket put in.
Now they don't really make anything I'm interested in, but I do like their history and willingness to make cars for "car guys". Neon ACR's were pretty neat, and a Viper GTS is a pretty cool car really, and then they Hellcat everything.
Probably should've spent a little more money on part supplier QC over the years, having a reliable car goes a longer way for brand loyalty than performance for most of their customers, but they didn't invest in that.

While I would love to own a 426 hemi, a 1958 Chrysler 300, or even a early 1960s slant 6, I have no interest in any Chrysler or Jeep product made since 1973. An Alfa was the only car I ever owned that was rusted and tired at 100,000 miles. And FIAT? Fiat stands for

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Your logic here is simply irrefutable. Thanks for posting.

I’m hoping you’re right. Hope my 2020 hemi last longer than our 2019 3.6 pentastar before having to throw 4500 into a new motor, like 5 times as long at least. Hopefully the transmission last longer than the 100k the 62TE lasted, another 5.5k down the drain on that.
Sure hope your right.

ZF builds a world class 8 speed transmission. I doubt you'll have issues with it but nothing is perfect.

Sure hope your right.
We had two HEMI's eat a lifter at work, can't remember if both were 2011's or if one was a 2012, but they were both at or over 200,000 miles and right in the year range for when the lifter failures were most common. Never had any trans problems or other major issues with the trucks. The one truck was sold and fixed, not sure what happened to the other, as it was traded in on a 2023.

The ZF8HP is pretty bulletproof, arguably the best trans on the market.

It would appear dashboard light agrees. https://www.dashboard-light.com/make.html

"you’re looking at the collective results of over a million vehicles that have been independently inspected by ASE certified mechanics and professional car buyers."

1711044797230.jpg

1711044817986.jpg

Sure hope your right.
Performance and reliability-wise, nothing comes close to ZF8.

It would appear dashboard light agrees. https://www.dashboard-light.com/make.html

"you’re looking at the collective results of over a million vehicles that have been independently inspected by ASE certified mechanics and professional car buyers."

View attachment 209522

View attachment 209523
How old is this chart? RAM isn't even on there but Pontiac and Saturn are?

Also, Jeep is massively more reliable than Dodge or Chrysler? or even Ford?

This isn't promising:
Copyright 2016 Dashboard Light. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
So the brand where we've got multiple threads about engines crapping the bed left, right and centre, is viewed as "more reliable", that's hilarious! 🤡

"What's that poking out of your hood there Rod?"
"Oh, that's just a connecting rod Jim. This car has been extremely reliable!"
You asked where H/K was on that list. He supplied it.

Thankfully, H/K have moved on from the Theta II issues, and Dodge from their Hemi. Let's see what the newer platforms have to offer in terms of reliability down the road.

1711045819949.jpg

1711045866727.jpg

Dodge is literally Chrylser with a few differences in grill and interiors etc. They use the same engines, frames, transmissions, computers, infotainment and so on.

Any report showing major differences in reliability between something as similar as these two brands has major red flags unless for some reason there is one specific model for one specific reason that's dragging it down. I'd love to see their logic here. Is the Chrylser 300 more unreliable than the charger/challenger?

Back