Stanford Professor warns massive UFO disclosure is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which is more terrifying.

The conclusion the phenonenon has the performance it appears they do.

The phenomenon so completely fools our people and gear we cant tell whats what.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about are you denying that UFOs exist?
Right from our own military and radar images? How much more proof does one need?
Are you calling this equipment defective and the testimony of countless people who are operating it?
I don't need to deny anything. All I'm saying is that the "proof" is murky and I'd like to see more. It's hard to prove a negative. But if you're going to claim a positive, then you're the one who should be providing proof. Bring out the bodies and the aircrafts so we can examine them. I mean there's lots of "proof" for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too but it's weak and I don't believe in them either.

Sorry, just need lots more "proof" before believing in something. There was also a guy who wrote a book that said crop circles were real til the creators of them fessed up on how they made them. Now that guy looks like a fool. But it went on for years.

I'm not actually saying anything about the equipment or the testimony. That's basically not enough proof even if it was real. It's just a data point.

Reactions: FZ1
There's always kooks and quacks in any field. Remember that old saying that 50% of whatever experts you're talking about graduated in the bottom half of their class. I remember when LIGO first went operational and there were several people who said it would never work and they were experts in their field. They all shut up when the first confirmations came back, especially after the neutron star collisions and they actually saw it with telescopes and on x-rays in addition to the gravitational waves.
Tangentially related to our discussion but such an exciting time in science right now with the James Webb Space Telescope - it was just shown it is capable of detecting CO2 in the atmosphere of a distant exoplanet. Now this is a gas giant too close to it's host star for life but the proof of concept is very exciting! LIGO was very exciting too since it was a purely theoretical prediction.

Our government ignored it for decades, why talk about it now? What changed? They claimed its a threat now.

On being on the "wrong side"

Im more skeptical and conservative than most here.
It's not rewarding because you cant discuss third party articles on this topic here.
I dont believe in ghosts but am open to discuss without attacking others.

Its a super easy position to take that all the data, from all sources, over all events is wrong, thats actually the one I like best because it resonates with my own skepticism.

The problem with this position is those very same sources and people work nearly flawlessly - until we dont like what they say.
As I keep saying, the government is paid to evaluate threats. Doesn't mean the threat is real. You can also calculate the odds that we'll be hit by an asteroid and do some preventive measures but that doesn't mean we will be hit.

We are discussing third party articles now. We're just skeptical. We're not saying it's not true, we're just reserving judgement and not making a snap decisions based on minimal proof.

Testimony is also one of those things that are weak. Yes they may believe that what they saw was real but it doesn't make it real. I mentioned the David Copperfield show where he made the Statue of Liberty disappear. The testimony from people will say that they saw it disappear. They're not lying, but it's not true that it really disappeared. Two things can be true at the same time. Try Superposition.

Too many people confuse UFOs with extraterrestrial visits. A UFO is an acronym for just what is says it is, an Unidentified Flying object, the key word here is "unidentified". Extraterrestrial visits are an entirely different matter because, in reality, it doesn't happen, and unless there is a breakthrough discovery of as-yet unknown law of physics, as far as science is concerned, it can't happen. Science and science fiction are two different things, and extraterrestrial visits fall under the category of science fiction. Extraterrestrials fall in the same category as... ghosts (paranormal activity), zombies (undead), big foot, the lock ness monster, werewolfs, vampires, astrology, mind reading, tarot cards, telekinesis, time travel, faith healing, etc, etc... all of which have rabid believers/supporters, and all of which are fiction. The US government is just reacting to long term pressure from the believers, who are also voters. Do I believe that there are UFOs? Yep. Do I believe that there are extraterrestrial visitors? Absolutely not, no more than I believe in big foot.

Reactions: FZ1
As I keep saying, the government is paid to evaluate threats. Doesn't mean the threat is real. You can also calculate the odds that we'll be hit by an asteroid and do some preventive measures but that doesn't mean we will be hit.

We are discussing third party articles now. We're just skeptical. We're not saying it's not true, we're just reserving judgement and not making a snap decisions based on minimal proof.

Testimony is also one of those things that are weak. Yes they may believe that what they saw was real but it doesn't make it real. I mentioned the David Copperfield show where he made the Statue of Liberty disappear. The testimony from people will say that they saw it disappear. They're not lying, but it's not true that it really disappeared. Two things can be true at the same time. Try Superposition.

Apparently they think it's real enough to disclose as a threat to commercial aviation - whatever the odds might be.

Its ok that you or anyone dont believe the people or data. Not believing that makes every discussion really simple.

David copperfield "magic" is largely edited for TV. You see lots of this in the business. He's pretty weak really.

On magic I had a reciprocal invite to the Magic Castle in Hollywood for years and as a kid loved magic and was always amazed how easy to was to fool people. There were lots of awesome performances but only one trick blew me away felt like "magic", I refuse that answer yet was thoroughly fooled by the trick.

Last edited:
1661465753079.jpg

Apparently they think it's real enough to disclose as a threat to commercial aviation - whatever the odds might be.

Its ok that you or anyone dont believe the poeple or data. Not believing that makes every discussion really simple.
It's something to consider. But unlike the two Boeing 737 Max crashes, there has yet to be a case where an airliner crashed into a UFO. We should ask Astro14 if he got the memo about not crashing into a UFO.

Didn't say I didn't believe the data or the people. I just don't believe your conclusion. Could be a lot of other things besides aliens. Is it one alien or many? How do we know it wasn't Santa Claus? He travels the world in a day, there's lots of literature that says that. You have some data, it just doesn't automatically follow that it has to be aliens just because you can't think of any other reason.

It's a simple logical argument. Your conclusion follows from some premise. You're basically saying that based on your premise the only logical conclusion is that it's aliens. I'm just saying well no, it doesn't have to follow that it can only be aliens, could be weather, could be some other humans could be lots of things, there's no forced conclusion that it has to be aliens. That's why having some bodies and aircrafts would help force the conclusion that it's aliens. Otherwise you just have some interesting data.

What I want to know is why UFO sighting have been an almost uniquely an American phenomena (with a few reported in England and France).
Conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theories have gotten out of control in the last decade or so. I categorize extraterrestrial visit delusions as a conspiracy theory because believers blame the government for a cover-up. Other countries are just now starting to follow suit.

Tangentially related to our discussion but such an exciting time in science right now with the James Webb Space Telescope - it was just shown it is capable of detecting CO2 in the atmosphere of a distant exoplanet. Now this is a gas giant too close to it's host star for life but the proof of concept is very exciting! LIGO was very exciting too since it was a purely theoretical prediction.
The interesting part with LIGO is that when two black holes collide, it releases about 5% of the total mass in the energy of the gravitational wave. So regular black hole collisions of 40-60 solar masses release anywhere from 2-3 solar masses in energy in the form of gravitational waves in about a second. There are some supermassive black holes that are millions to billions of solar masses. Imagine if you have a couple of the supermassive black holes collide, you'd have a couple hundred million solar masses of energy being released. It's estimated that you could eventually have supermassive black holes up to 100 trillion solar masses that result from galactic supercluster mergers. One solar mass is of course our sun which will burn for several billion more years. Yet matter is only about 5% of the universe, the rest is dark energy and dark matter.

It's something to consider. But unlike the two Boeing 737 Max crashes, there has yet to be a case where an airliner crashed into a UFO. We should ask Astro14 if he got the memo about not crashing into a UFO.

Didn't say I didn't believe the data or the people. I just don't believe your conclusion. Could be a lot of other things besides aliens. Is it one alien or many? How do we know it wasn't Santa Claus? He travels the world in a day, there's lots of literature that says that. You have some data, it just doesn't automatically follow that it has to be aliens just because you can't think of any other reason.

It's a simple logical argument. Your conclusion follows from some premise. You're basically saying that based on your premise the only logical conclusion is that it's aliens. I'm just saying well no, it doesn't have to follow that it can only be aliens, could be weather, could be some other humans could be lots of things, there's no forced conclusion that it has to be aliens. That's why having some bodies and aircrafts would help force the conclusion that it's aliens. Otherwise you just have some interesting data.

Heres what the Gov report said.

• The UAPTF has 11 reports of documented instances in which pilots reported near misses with a UAP.

The data presented isn't "mine" its 3rd party from a variety of sources.

I didn't offer a conclusion - nor did I say it was aliens.

Extraterrestrial visits are an entirely different matter because, in reality, it doesn't happen, and unless there is a breakthrough discovery of as-yet unknown law of physics, as far as science is concerned, it can't happen. Science and science fiction are two different things, and extraterrestrial visits fall under the category of science fiction. Extraterrestrials fall in the same category as... ghosts (paranormal activity), zombies (undead), big foot, the lock ness monster, werewolfs, vampires, astrology, mind reading, tarot cards, telekinesis, time travel, faith healing, etc, etc... all of which have rabid believers/supporters, and all of which are fiction. Do I believe that there are extraterrestrial visitors? Absolutely not, no more than I believe in big foot.
Well let's not say it can't happen. It's just very unlikely and hard to believe. The odds don't favor it. Technically we could do it, but we'd probably have to be around for a few million years. Sub-light speeds, Von Neumann machines to create factories to create dna and machines to grow humans just like plants. It's not like we haven't been looking, we've been looking at the stars for over 100 years and so far find no sign that there might be ETs out there. But it's a big universe.

I saw a twilight zone about that. They had a book.... It was a cook book!
It was a Simpson episode too.

What I want to know is why UFO sighting have been an almost uniquely an American phenomena (with a few reported in England and France).
i have no evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life or aliens or whatever. not a single trace of evidence. but if, if an advanced civilization with interstellar travel capability came to earth, i suspect they would check for life and if they found evidence of intelligent life then they would check for technology and military capability. and what country has the most technology and military capability? united states of course. an advanced extraterrestrial civilization is not going to waste it's time doing research in haiti, no offense. anyway that is what i would do. check where technology, power and most military might is concentrated. we already do it as humans on planet earth. checking and spying other nations to learn about their technology and military capability. if you want to retain the upper hand, you need to know these things. but like i said, i have no evidence of the existence of aliens or extraterrestrials. i simply d'ont know. it is not that i believe or d'ont believe that they exists. i simply d'ont know.

Heres what the Gov report said.

• The UAPTF has 11 reports of documented instances in which pilots reported near misses with a UAP.

The data presented isn't "mine" its 3rd party from a variety of sources.

I didn't offer a conclusion - nor did I say it was aliens.
Well nothing to worry about then, if they did exist it seems they're advanced enough to have collision avoidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back