Stanford Professor warns massive UFO disclosure is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life or aliens or whatever. not a single trace of evidence. but if, if an advanced civilization with interstellar travel capability came to earth, i suspect they would check for life and if they found evidence of intelligent life then they would check for technology and military capability. and what country has the most technology and military capability? united states of course. an advanced extraterrestrial civilization is not going to waste it's time doing research in haiti, no offense. anyway that is what i would do. check where technology, power and most military might is concentrated. we already do it as humans on planet earth. checking and spying other nations to learn about their technology and military capability. if you want to retain the upper hand, you need to know these things. but like i said, i have no evidence of the existence of aliens or extraterrestrials. i simply d'ont know. it is not that i believe or d'ont believe that they exists. i simply d'ont know.
I'm pretty sure they would send un"manned" craft to observe. They'd be pretty disinterested in our level of intelligence/technology/military capabilities, it'd be like us pondering those aspects of the ants coming out of an ant hill.

I don't recall who but some sci-fi writer I think was asked to describe what man's first encounter with aliens will be like and he said it would be the last surviving human looking up to the sky to see their ship coming down.

jeff

Of course there are UFO's you've seen it on radar screens, you have seen videos, you have seen civilian pilots describing crazy stuff, you have normal military personnel testifying to it, countless verified encounters worldwide. Lets not discount how many chose to remain quiet. Like hello?
Its ignorant to think otherwise and amazes me that people chose to deny it.

With that said, UFO = Unidentified Flying Object doesn't mean anything more than unidentified and it will remain that way until we can identify what it is or what it is not, if ever.
The only question is, have we or some government already identified whatever it is and kept it secret, but again, speculation rules when there is an unknown.

I think it's pretty arrogant of anyone that thinks we're the only ones, please, and that we completely understand how the universe works. Don't forget some think we live in a simulation, like Elon Musk, he says it'a a billion to one we live in a base reality.
If the human race is the pinnical of "intelligent" life in the Universe, well that would be very disappointing. :rolleyes:😄

Just how long do you think it would take life to travel here?
Depends on technology. What if an alien civilization has a 1000+ years of technology beyond ours? And no, the monkeys haven't discovered every known secret and technology that exists after only a mere few hundred years of technology development.

Depends on technology. What if an alien civilization has a 1000+ years of technology beyond ours? And no, the monkeys haven't discovered every known secret and technology that exists after only a mere few hundred years of technology development.
Like they are past 0W2 ?

Or they could be photon based critters that do not experience distance or time...
Plus, everyone knows Elon is an alien, so there's that.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they would send un"manned" craft to observe. They'd be pretty disinterested in our level of intelligence/technology/military capabilities, it'd be like us pondering those aspects of the ants coming out of an ant hill.

I don't recall who but some sci-fi writer I think was asked to describe what man's first encounter with aliens will be like and he said it would be the last surviving human looking up to the sky to see their ship coming down.

jeff
un manned craft is the highest probability. as a matter of fact i truly hope nasa will invest more in AI and robots. what we need to move forward in our exploration and eventually colonization of other planets and moons of our solar system is intelligent self repairing robots, capable of building entire infrastructures and preparing everything so that when we arrive, let say on mars, everything will already be fully ready for us to live permanently there. i think this is the way to move forward. if we manage to build intelligent self repairing robots capable of building pretty much anything, we will be able to potentially establish colonies on the moon and planets of the solar system.

If the human race is the pinnical of "intelligent" life in the Universe, well that would be very disappointing. :rolleyes:😄
Z06,

Yes.

9f8f0b891bd628ace4e37da0936a68cd--space-tv-lost-in-space.jpg

Only 1000+ years? Dinosaurs were on the earth for 165 million years. It was life. But as far as we know, not advanced enough to reach the stars, no trace of any technology in the fossil record. We only have another billion years before the oceans boil off. There is a limit on how long you have before a planet becomes inhospitable to life.

The standard model is a pretty good description of the universe, but there's still a few things missing. But a lot of technological advancement will probably be more like engineering refinements rather than breakthroughs like the nuclear bomb was. You can just look at cars, ever since the oil shocks we're still at the 55-75mph speed limits. It also turns out that supersonic jets weren't economically viable although that may be coming back. Maybe the next big advance is if there is ever a grand unified theory/theory of everything.

Only 1000+ years?
I said 1000+ years of technology beyond our current technology, meaning today. Where is human technology going to be 1000+ years from now? If they survive that long, or it could possibly just go the way of the movie Idiocracy ... probably more likely, lol.

Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Space Craft Development[edit]​

The idea of using high level automated systems for space missions has become a desirable goal to space agencies all around the world. Such systems are believed to yield benefits such as lower cost, less human oversight, and ability to explore deeper in space which is usually restricted by long communications with human controllers. Autonomy will be a key technology for the future exploration of the Solar System, where robotic spacecraft will often be out of communication with their human controllers.

Autonomous systems[edit]​

Autonomy is defined by three requirements:

1. The ability to make and carry out decisions on their own, based on information on what they sensed from the world and their current state.
  2. The ability to interpret the given goal as a list of actions to take.
  3. The ability to fail flexibly, meaning they are able to continuously change their actions based on what is happening within their system and their surrounding.
Currently, there are many projects trying to advance space exploration and space craft development using AI.[77]

NASA's autonomous science experiment[edit]​

NASA began its autonomous science experiment (ASE) on Earth Observing-1 (EO-1), which is NASA's first satellite in the millennium program, Earth-observing series launched on November 21, 2000. The autonomy of these satellites is capable of on-board science analysis, re-planning, robust execution, and model-based diagnostic. Images obtained by the EO-1 are analyzed on-board and down linked when a change or interesting event occurs. The ASE software has successfully provided over 10,000 science images. This experiment was the start of many that NASA devised for AI to impact the future of space exploration.

Artificial Intelligence Flight Adviser[edit]​

NASA's goal with this project is to develop a system that can aid pilots by giving them real-time expert advice in situations that pilot training does not cover or just aid with a pilot's train of thought during flight. Based on the IBM Watson cognitive computing system, the AI Flight Adviser pulls data from a large database of relevant information like aircraft manuals, accident reports, and close-call reports to give advice to pilots. In the future, NASA wants to implement this technology to create fully autonomous systems, which can then be used for space exploration. In this case, cognitive systems will serve as the basis, and the autonomous system will completely decide on the course of action of the mission, even during unforeseen situations.[78] However, in order for this to happen, there are still many supporting technologies required.

In the future, NASA hopes to use this technology not only in flights on earth, but for future space exploration. Essentially, NASA plans to modify this AI flight Advisor for Longer range applications. In addition to what the technology is now, there will be additional cognitive computing systems that can decide on the right set of actions based upon unforeseen problems in space. However, in order for this to be possible, there are still many supporting technologies that need to be enhanced.

Stereo vision for collision avoidance[edit]​

For this project, NASA's goal is to implement stereo vision for collision avoidance in space systems to work with and support autonomous operations in a flight environment. This technology uses two cameras within its operating system that have the same view, but when put together offer a large range of data that gives a binocular image. Because of its duo-camera system, NASA's research indicate that this technology can detect hazards in rural and wilderness flight environments. Because of this project, NASA has made major contributions toward developing a completely autonomous UAV. Currently, Stereo Vision can construct a stereo vision system, process the vision data, make sure the system works properly, and lastly performs tests figuring out the range of impeding objects and terrain. In the future, NASA hopes this technology can also determine the path to avoid collision. The near-term goal for the technology is to be able to extract information from point clouds and place this information in a historic map data. Using this map, the technology could then be able to extrapolate obstacles and features in the stereo data that are not in the map data. This would aid with the future of space exploration where humans can't see moving, impeding objects that may damage the moving space craft.[79]

Benefits of AI[edit]​

Autonomous technologies would be able to perform beyond predetermined actions. They would analyze all possible states and events happening around them and come up with a safe response. In addition, such technologies can reduce launch cost and ground involvement. Performance would increase as well. Autonomy would be able to quickly respond upon encountering an unforeseen event, especially in deep space exploration where communication back to Earth would take too long. Space exploration could provide us with the knowledge of our universe as well as incidentally developing inventions and innovations. Traveling to Mars and farther could encourage the development of advances in medicine, health, longevity, transportation, communications that could have applications on Earth.[77]

Robotic spacecraft development[edit]​

Energy[edit]​

Solar panels[edit]​

Changes in space craft development will have to account for an increased energy need for future systems. Spacecraft heading towards the center of the Solar System will include enhanced solar panel technology to make use of the abundant solar energy surrounding them. Future solar panel development is aimed at their working more efficiently while being lighter.[80]

Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators[edit]​

Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators (RTEG or RTG) are solid-state devices which have no moving parts. They generate heat from the radioactive decay of elements such as plutonium, and have a typical lifespan of more than 30 years. In the future, atomic sources of energy for spacecraft will hopefully be lighter and last longer than they do currently.[81] They could be particularly useful for missions to the Outer Solar System which receives substantially less sunlight, meaning that producing a substantial power output with solar panels would be impractical.

You can just look at cars, ever since the oil shocks we're still at the 55-75mph speed limits.
More like most humans aren't smart enough to pay attention to the road long enough to safely drive over 75 MPH. 😄

The reason they’re “unidentified“ is more than likely when they get close enough to observe us, they realize what a mess this rock is and move on!

More like most humans aren't smart enough to pay attention to the road long enough to safely drive over 75 MPH. 😄
Well there's no speed limits on parts of the Autobahn and they have fewer accidents than the US. So maybe it's just most Americans aren't smart enough to pay attention.

"A close read into all of this indicates Congress is extremely troubled by the apparent evidence of objects that can seemingly move between sea, air, and space terrains in ways known human technology cannot."
There are members of congress who don’t understand the internet, I don’t trust them to understand this either lol.

Well there's no speed limits on parts of the Autobahn and they have fewer accidents than the US. So maybe it's just most Americans aren't smart enough to pay attention.
The typical American driver would be hamburger if driving at 140 MPH and texting & surfing on their phone on the Autobahn ... gotta check that social media every 30 seconds, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back