Stanford Professor warns massive UFO disclosure is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some history and background of the Roswell 'Incident' from a friend who is researching and writing a book on the history of Roswell and so-called 'Alien' visitors; some excerpts from his forthcoming book..

In mid-June 1947, W.W. ‘Mac’ Brazel discovered some deteriorated wreckage on the ranch he was operating. He took pieces to the local sheriff who thought that they might have some military significance. Sheriff Wilcox then contacted the local Roswell Army Air Base, where he spoke to Major Jesse Marcel—the man who became a key player in this incident. Colonel William Blanchard ordered Marcel and counterintelligence officer Sheridan Cavitt out to Brazel’s ranch. Cavitt immediately thought it probably came from a weather balloon, but Marcel had other ideas. Even today, Marcel’s wife and son, Jesse, Jr., remembers Marcel Snr. talking about flying saucers. On July 8 the public information office at the base announced they had recovered a flying disk. Although they retracted the claim a few days later, the cat was out of the bag. In effect, it was ‘proof?’ the smoking gun that we had been visited by extraterrestrials.

The timing of this incident was a key factor as to why someone like Marcel became convinced it was a flying saucer. It was also a powerful demonstration of how the media shapes our views. A few weeks earlier, businessman Kenneth Arnold had become a media sensation when he claimed that his light plane was buzzed over Cascade Mountains, Washington, by nine disks like ‘saucers that skipped across the water’.

This incident was the genesis of the expression ‘flying saucers’. Photos of Arnold and his depictions of the craft hit the front pages of newspapers all over the country. It was a sensation that led to an explosion of sightings that year—850 in all—as people started to look skyward in anticipation of seeing unidentified flying objects.

A few days after the original announcement, a press conference was held to explain that nothing more than a weather balloon had crashed on Brazel’s ranch. But Marcel wasn’t convinced—he was caught up in the saucer hype that engulfed the country. He later said that it did not look like any weather balloon he had seen before and, to his credit, he was right. Nonetheless, the flying saucer claim soon became nothing more than ‘pie in the sky’ speculation, and it remained that way for about 30 years. Then suddenly it became bigger than ever!

In 1978 world-famous UFOlogist Stanton Friedman became acquainted with Marcel, who revived his saucer theory by claiming that the government had substituted the original wreckage with materials from weather balloons. Conspiracy theories started to abound with the idea that the government was hiding something. In 1980, two fame-seeking UFO-believing authors (Charles Berlitz and William Moore) penned The Roswell Incident, claiming they had interviewed over 75 witnesses as part of their research. (Charles Berlitz was an occult writer who authored other speculative books about the Bermuda Triangle and the Philadelphia Experiment). It became the most-famous book on Roswell, showing alleged extracts from secret government documents. It included one containing the signature of President Harry S. Truman authorizing a covert group called ‘Majestic 12’ (MJ12) to deal with UFO incidents. This group later became known in UFO lore as the ‘Men in Black’. The book also claimed that the Roswell wreckage included:

• Fragments of an exotic, flexible material that would not tear, burn, or break.
  • Alien markings on the wreckage, perhaps writing or hieroglyphics.
  • Alien bodies that were recovered from the crash.
The book was a spectacular success and Roswell had well and truly become an ‘incident’.

There was indeed a cover-up at Roswell, but nothing so juicy as advanced alien technology crashing on our planet. This was the beginning of the Cold War era. America had the bomb and had used it during the Second World War. The Soviet Union was developing similar technology. However, mankind had not developed reliable rocket technology to put satellites in space. So how was the US going to be able to keep an eye on the Soviets?

Under a program classified as TOP SECRET 1A, Project Mogul began. The idea was to create large arrays of weather-type balloons—up to 23 in an array—with the purpose of sending them high into the stratosphere where they would be carried around the world by incredibly fast jet streams. These arrays contained radar reflectors that were basically large tinfoil kites made with sticks, called RAWIN targets. A toy company manufactured the kites using nothing more than reinforcing tape. The balloons were made of neoprene rubber, aluminium tubes and eyelet rings. They carried low-frequency microphones, a sonobuoy, and battery packs. Their purpose was to listen to above-ground Soviet atomic tests. It was primitive technology by today’s standards but it was an ingenious, if not hugely successful, way to monitor activities thousands of miles away.

On June 4, 1947, Mogul flight 4 was launched from Alamogordo Army Air Field, New Mexico, not far southwest of Roswell. Some of the balloons burst as a result of exposure to the sun, and as the battery power depleted, the military lost contact with the array, only 17 miles from its eventual crash site. Information about Project Mogul remained classified for over 40 years.

Of course, the Americans did not want the Soviets to know they were spying on them, and thus it was top-secret. Lower level military staff like Blanchard and Marcel had no idea about Project Mogul. But Marcel knew it wasn’t a regular weather balloon and he’d heard the government denials. Coupled with his pre-belief in UFOs, he put two and two together and came up with five—‘ET’.

Is anyone really surprised that governments keep secrets? But resorting to speculative conspiracy theories just because one is not in possession of all of the facts is unwarranted.

It seems incredible that something so mundane could be mistaken for a flying saucer. Even the alien hieroglyphics were nothing more than flower images and child-like designs used on the packing tape. And what of the claims in the book? After years of personal research into UFO claims, I’ve found that the ‘true believers’ never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Quite simply, there were no alien bodies. Brazel never testified to seeing any metal in the wreckage—there was no special unbreakable material, it was neoprene rubber. What of the secret government documents? President Truman’s signature was eventually found to have been ‘lifted’ from another memo. The book contained fraudulent material.

There have been numerous investigations into Roswell. In 1994 a UFO-believing US Congressman asked the fully independent General Accounting Office (GAO) to revisit the claims, although he didn’t obtain what he wanted to hear. Their official report best sums up the major problems:

Below is a diagram of the Project Mogul balloon arrays and the so-called ‘Alien Hieroglyphs’ which were nothing more than child-like designs used on packing tape.

View attachment 115942

View attachment 115943

I never put much stock in Roswell coming to the same conclusion as you did based on what I could read, but a few nagging questions remain...

How could the smartest guys we had at the time, the guys we put in charge of the nuclear bomber wing be so utterly stupid as to mistake a balloon and or plastic dummies for an extraterrestrial "disc"?

If indeed he was such a drooling doofus as to confuse these things why was he not dishonorably discharged and humiliated for life for basically starting a nationwide panic for reporting such?

Its also odd that Jesse stuck to his original story when he interviewed Stanton Friedman.

Regardless, recent events are much more interesting.

What If Aliens Make Contact? - Neil deGrasse Tyson on Intelligent Alien Life

"We share 99% of our DNA with Chimps and we cannot communicate with
them so its hubris of us that we can communicate an an alien species
billions of years ahead of us."
"We are to the Aliens what worms are to us... Aliens could have studied
earth and con conclude there is no sign of intelligent life."

What If Aliens Make Contact? - Neil deGrasse Tyson on Intelligent Alien Life

"We share 99% of our DNA with Chimps and we cannot communicate with
them so its hubris of us that we can communicate an an alien species
billions of years ahead of us."
"We are to the Aliens what worms are to us... Aliens could have studied
earth and con conclude there is no sign of intelligent life."

Didn’t we teach a chimp the sign language? Oh, yes we sure did, so much for the theory that we cannot communicate with chimps. And there were other methods we used as well, if I remember correctly.

That’s the thing about posting of what others, in some sort of authority positions, say instead of posting your own thoughts. It prevents critical thinking and promotes “tunnel” vision into one direction only.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washoe_(chimpanzee)

I never put much stock in Roswell coming to the same conclusion as you did based on what I could read, but a few nagging questions remain...

How could the smartest guys we had at the time, the guys we put in charge of the nuclear bomber wing be so utterly stupid as to mistake a balloon and or plastic dummies for an extraterrestrial "disc"?

If indeed he was such a drooling doofus as to confuse these things why was he not dishonorably discharged and humiliated for life for basically starting a nationwide panic for reporting such?...
I sent my friend the same question. He said according to all of the records he could find, this Major Jesse Marcel had this preconceived set of notions that aliens had come to earth in Flying Saucers and had seeded the Earth with life.

Remember, the fictional Mars invasion "War of the Worlds" radio program had previously aired on Halloween night October 30th, 1938 on a CBS radio program.

The book, the Radio program, and Social Darwinism all set the stage for the influencing of people who would accept science Fiction over science.

It was based on the H.G. Wells book of the same title.

"...The War of the Worlds presents itself as a factual account of the Martian invasion. It is considered one of the first works to theorise the existence of a race intelligent enough to invade Earth. The Narrator is a middle-class writer of philosophical papers, somewhat reminiscent of Doctor Kemp in The Invisible Man, with characteristics similar to author Wells at the time of writing. The reader learns very little about the background of the Narrator or indeed of anyone else in the novel; characterisation is unimportant. In fact none of the principal characters are named, aside from the astronomer Ogilvy.

"...is a science fiction novel by English author H. G. Wells, first serialised in 1897 by Pearson's Magazine in the UK and by Cosmopolitan magazine in the US. The novel's first appearance in hardcover was in 1898 from publisher William Heinemann of London. Written between 1895 and 1897,[2] it is one of the earliest stories to detail a conflict between mankind and an extra-terrestrial race.[3]

The War of the Worlds has been both popular (having never been out of print) and influential, spawning half a dozen feature films, radio dramas, a record album, various comic book adaptations, a number of television series, and sequels or parallel stories by other authors. It was most memorably dramatised in a 1938 radio programme directed by and starring Orson Welles that allegedly caused public panic among listeners who did not know the book's events were fictional."

Wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds

In addition, he said records showed Marcel to be a publicity seeking individual.

Last edited:
I sent my friend the same question. He said according to all of the records he could find, this Major Jesse Marcel had this preconceived set of notions that aliens had come to earth in Flying Saucers and had seeded the Earth with life.

In addition, he said records showed Marcel to be a publicity seeking individual.

It’s extremely hard, it seems, to imagine that there would be an individual or individuals seeking their 5 minutes of fame, wealth, recognition or just using their position of power/authority to promote their personal beliefs, however unfounded they might be.

Beings visiting from outer reaches of space, on the other hand, seem to be quite easy to imagine.

"Major Jesse Marcel had this preconceived set of notions that aliens had come to earth in Flying Saucers and had seeded the Earth with life."

See the movie "Prometheus".

Why not? Read my post again ... it was wrt the quote made about Major Jesse Marcel.
I still don’t get how that pertains to the topic at hand.
Are you saying that the movie Prometheus got the idea from Marcel? I watched that movie BTW. Lots of buffuns presented as “scientists”. Like the Android blatantly dipping his finger in the guys drink, right in front of his eyes to get that substance in him. And the guy chugs it as if nothing happened lol.

Or talking to the unknown creepie crawler as if it were a pet.

Last edited:
I still don’t get how that pertains to the topic at hand.
Are you saying that the movie Prometheus got the idea from Marcel?
Well, if you saw or know the storyline of Promethius you'd understand my comment about it. My post was wrt to the quote I mentioned ... not much "pertains to the topic at hand" anymore in this thread.

You said “see the movie” as in go and watch it. That would be a waste of brain cells only to see that opening scene.

I would get it if you tried to describe that scene from the movie.
Have you seen the movie, or know what the basic plot is about?

I know the “seeding” is the opening scene, so what do you think?
See post #509 ... as said, it's the same premise as what Major Jesse Marcel supposedly thought. That was the whole point in that post.

IF what they measured was real (and for very good reason, I doubt their results) there is a simple explanation:

F=MA

Big A - so M was small and/or F was really big.

NO NEWTONIAN principles were broken. None. Stop using that description, it's what pseudo-scientists use.
I don't know what you are posting about but I know you do !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back