Stanford Professor warns massive UFO disclosure is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm glad this post was allowed to continue, and it was mostly peaceful disagreement. I have nothing else to add. I respect everyone's opinion on this, and I can see where people are coming from on this topic. I myself have been on both sides of the spectrum from its all bs to I believe it is something significant. But I can't prove it and nor can anyone else at this time. I will patiently wait for the day we truly know, which may never happen LOL.

Where in any of my statements does it show that I do not understand the scientific and philosophical implications of the issues discussed here?

Again, Where in any of my statements does it show that I do not understand the scientific and philosophical implications of the issues discussed here?

I'm sorry to say your analogy fails as well. The fallacy of false analogy arises when one attempts to prove or disprove a claim using an analogy that is not suitable for the situation; this fallacy consists in assuming that because two things are alike in one or more respects, they are necessarily alike in some other respect.
You don't have to show it...I'm stating it...it's obvious based on what you've written. I have zero interest in participating in a discussion where someone just cuts and pastes semantics-based definitions and arguments. Peace...

You don't have to show it...I'm stating it...it's obvious based on what you've written. I have zero interest in participating in a discussion where someone just cuts and pastes semantics-based definitions and arguments. Peace...
I asked if you would or could show me where I did not understand the scientific and philosophical implications of this topic and then you did NOT answer, but instead you chose to make an accusation. Peace.

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad this post was allowed to continue, and it was mostly peaceful disagreement. I have nothing else to add. I respect everyone's opinion on this, and I can see where people are coming from on this topic. I myself have been on both sides of the spectrum from its all bs to I believe it is something significant. But I can't prove it and nor can anyone else at this time. I will patiently wait for the day we truly know, which may never happen LOL.
It has truly been a most interesting discussion which has peaked the interests of many people. :) I do hope some science education has surfaced from it as well.

Surely the DNI has a task force composed of enough scientists such that their findings will at least shed some light on the topic. Those future reports will undoubtedly not satisfy everyone.

I predict 95% of the documented sightings will be explained by known physics (such as astrophysics, meteorology, thermodynamics aerodynamics, optics experts, sensor experts, etc.), and 5% may not be currently explainable, and may we be honest enough to just say, "At this time we don't know but those 5% are still being investigated."

If we can concentrate on the scientific findings and keep the Alien theorists and the conspiracy theorists at bay, we may actually learn something.

Addendum: For those truly interested in furthering their knowledgebase on some of the topics discussed here, I highly recommend the paperback book by Malcom Longair, Theoretical Concepts in Physics: An Alternative View of Theoretical Reasoning in Physics for Final Year Undergraduates, Cambridge University Press.

We use this text in our Physics Curriculum.

Last edited:
How do we know the heavy metals were not there before any collisions occurred?

Cosmology is interesting, but
“‘Cosmology may look like a science, but it isn’t a science,’ says James Gunn of Princeton University, co-founder of the Sloan survey. ‘A basic tenet of science is that you can do repeatable experiments, and you can’t do that in cosmology.’”

Cho, Adrian, A singular conundrum: How odd is our universe? Science 317(5846):1848–1850, 2007.
Well I'm just taking the word of Astrophysicists, they seem to be in agreement.

There was another neutron star collision in 2019, but that one appears to have just disappeared into a black hole. At least the 2017 one glowed for a little while and then faded, it's not clear if it too will fade away into a black hole.

Last edited:
So you deny the most basic metaphysical principle of science--that of cause-and effect? It is a universal Metaphysical principle that things which begin must have a cause. All history and science would collapse if the Law of Cause-and-Effect were to be denied. (Metaphysics: the branch of philosophy that deals with the first principles of things, including abstract concepts such as being, knowing, substance, cause, identity, time, and space).

Wow, quite a stretch there. Bell's Theorem introduced a deterministic interpretation to quantum mechanics, so I fail to see how that proves the Universe is the occurrence of a random event.
Well in the quantum realm you have the uncertainty principle and things like Schrödinger's cat. What do you think the cause of zero point energy is? And then there's things like the black hole information loss paradox, nothing is ever that clear cut. And I don't deny your law of cause and effect, I never even really heard of it described as such, sounds like a religious thing, not a scientific thing. As to what Bell's Theorem really means, that is more of a philosophy debate also, not clear that it's really deterministic, just depends on the interpretation you follow. And isn't quantum superposition also somewhat random?

The realist side of me thinks that this is being done to stimulate money flows to new types of weapons. Scare the bejesus out of the taxpayers and you have a fertile ground for more spending.

The realist side of me thinks that this is being done to stimulate money flows to new types of weapons. Scare the bejesus out of the taxpayers and you have a fertile ground for more spending.
I didn't want to interrupt the technical discussions to state something similar.

I am open the the possibility that a civilization with a million years or even half a million years head start, might have technology and a small quantum physics understanding we dont.

But I don't believe the us government is just suddenly open and transparent. I think it's more of ohhh people are interested in this, we can exploit that for funding, they would not ordinarily agree with.

And I don't deny your law of cause and effect, I never even really heard of it described as such, sounds like a religious thing, not a scientific thing...
In Philosophy and Philosophy of Science courses the meaning and basis of Metaphysical concepts in the Sciences and History and elsewhere is discussed. It's all part of the studies in Philosophy and Logic. The statement I made is a logical statement describing the linkage between the 'cause-and-effect' principle and science.

One of our cardinal rules on BITOG is we don't discuss R,P, or S.

Models and simulations are fun to execute, but the logical conclusion is the history of the universe cannot be determined from a model which cannot be independently tested. Fudge factors are sprinkled throughout the present model to describe the observations, so that should tell you something about the actual, present veracity of the BB model.

Well I'm just taking the word of Astrophysicists, they seem to be in agreement.
Again, you either follow the scientific method or you do not. Not every Astrophysicist agrees that Cosmology is a real science and there are more than Gunn and the following who makes these similar criticisms.

Prof. Richard Lieu, Department Chair, Astrophysics, University of Alabama, also wrote:

Cosmology is not even astrophysics: all the principal assumptions in this field are unverified (or unverifiable) in the laboratory … .” He then explains the basis for his statement:. "“because the Universe offers no control experiment, …”

Lieu, R., ΛCDM cosmology: how much suppression of credible evidence, and does the model really lead its competitors, using all evidence? 17 May 2007; arxiv.org/pdf/0705.2462v1.pdf

Gunn honored by AAS and Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences

As to what Bell's Theorem really means, that is more of a philosophy debate also, not clear that it's really deterministic, just depends on the interpretation you follow. And isn't quantum superposition also somewhat random?
Then I suggest that you need to review Chapters 10 and 21 of:

Duarte, F.J., Fundamentals of Quantum Entanglement, IOP Books, because Duarte disagrees with you.

I highly suggest you start a new, separate thread if you want to further discuss Quantum Mechanics and or Cosmology/Astrophysics because every time a similar thread, such as the present one is begun, you start 'hurling elephants.'

Elephant Hurling: This is where someone throws summary arguments about complex issues to give the impression of weighty evidence, but with an unstated presumption that a large complex of underlying ideas is true, and failing to consider opposing data, usually because they have uncritically accepted the arguments from their own side.

Last edited:
In Philosophy and Philosophy of Science courses the meaning and basis of Metaphysical concepts in the Sciences and History and elsewhere is discussed. It's all part of the studies in Philosophy and Logic. The statement I made is a logical statement describing the linkage between the 'cause-and-effect' principle and science.

One of our cardinal rules on BITOG is we don't discuss R,P, or S.

Models and simulations are fun to execute, but the logical conclusion is the history of the universe cannot be determined from a model which cannot be independently tested. Fudge factors are sprinkled throughout the present model to describe the observations, so that should tell you something about the actual, present veracity of the BB model.

I think you may be able to apply that to classical physics but I'm not sure it really applies to quantum mechanics and they're both part of the real world.

Again, you either follow the scientific method or you do not. Not every Astrophysicist agrees that Cosmology is a real science and there are more than Gunn and the following who makes these similar criticisms.

Prof. Richard Lieu, Department Chair, Astrophysics, University of Alabama, also wrote:

Cosmology is not even astrophysics: all the principal assumptions in this field are unverified (or unverifiable) in the laboratory … .” He then explains the basis for his statement:. "“because the Universe offers no control experiment, …”
While I suppose you're trying to throw out the baby with the bath water, I don't think any of them are in disagreement with regards to the heavier metals produced by the neutron star collisions, they actually had models of that before it actually happened. You don't actually do anything to challenge the data presented and your original question of whether it was there before I think was answered by the pictures of the area both before and after when you saw the area in question increase and then decrease in brightness.

I highly suggest you start a new, separate thread if you want to further discuss Quantum Mechanics and or Cosmology/Astrophysics because every time a similar thread is started, such as the present one, you start 'hurling elephants.'

Elephant Hurling: This is where someone throws summary arguments about complex issues to give the impression of weighty evidence, but with an unstated presumption that a large complex of underlying ideas is true, and failing to consider opposing data, usually because they have uncritically accepted the arguments from their own side.
Well there are many interpretations when it comes to philosophy, but some carry more weight than others. Many times the data isn't in question though although there may be questions before the data is presented.

TL DR; What do you guys think everyone is seeing in these videos of tick tacs and blobs floating around? Lens flare, reflections, glitches? I guess that is the question, maybe we'll never know, but whatever it is, I hope it's on our side lol.

The U.S. Navy says that releasing any additional UFO videos would “harm national security” and told a government transparency website that all of the government’s UFO videos are classified information.

Classified UFO videos from the Navy may be as simple as a quantity of drones flying in synch with each other from a source the Navy could not identify. Note I have no idea what the Navy may have classified, but my life experience is that anything that was observed by the Navy was originated on planet earth.

And on the cynical side- if any branch of the DoD had something implying, even the slightest an unknown threat from outside planet earth, Congress would be providing hundreds of billions in additional new funding to the DoD to address the concern/ threat.

TL DR; What do you guys think everyone is seeing in these videos of tick tacs and blobs floating around? Lens flare, reflections, glitches? I guess that is the question, maybe we'll never know, but whatever it is, I hope it's on our side lol.
Multiple fighter aircraft don't lock-on to glitches or ghost images ... not like shown in the tic-tac videos. Not to mention the tic-tac object was visually seen with the eyes or four people in the fighter jets.

Last edited:
Here's an oldie but goodie UFO documentary you should watch >>>>>>>

A lot of those shapes look like popular lighting fixtures that were used in barns and commercial applications over the past 70 years. In fact, one of the now debunked UFO photos was a picture of a UFO like lighting fixture in mid-air thrown like a frisbee by someone.

Another picture was high flung door mirror from an 61 F100.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMinnville_UFO_photographs

Either way, I'm more of a fan of the trans-dimensional tic tac. These aliens have come a long way technically speaking since the 40s. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: GON
I wish we could stop discussion and not get the thread closed, so I can see one day an alert in this thread about when this massive disclosure takes place (in case I miss it in the news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back