stage 3 NSRT-4 3000 mile interval mobil 1 5w,30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Brettasaurus
TurboLuver said:
Looks good to me, I wonder why we don't have the high Iron issue when using M1 in our engine that a lot of people see?
Here is my last run on M1 0W-40 for comparison.

The M1 0W/40 is a great oil. I don't know why you don't seem to see the iron like you do in the other M1 formulations. This and and M1 TDT seem to be at or near the top of the heap as far as M1 is concerned and perhaps the iron is showing us that?. It seems that most of the criticism of the 0W/40 stems from it shearing down to a 30 weight. For turbo applications that call for 5W/30 and tend to fuel dilute anyway then 0W/40 is a great choice and I would have to believe is a great alternative in turbo and/or DI applications calling for 5W/30 once you are outside your powertrain warranty period.

You mention other formulations, I've used M1 oils for 31 years with no problems at all. Last year I did UOAs on both cars at 10,000 mile OCIs and my iron numbers were very good. I still think the guys showihg high iron are the oil skippers that run one oil this change and another oil next month.

That could be, I was just commenting on the fact that I have not seen a "high" iron UOA on the 0W/40 or TDT period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back