SQUIRREL Double back Fiasco

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Tons of squirrels here.
Many getting hit on the road because they do that constant double back deal in the middle of the road.
I went past two this morning playing along the road. I came back then minutes later and one got killed. I have never seen this before and stopped to watch. The other one pulled his buddy off the road by its tail .. bummer.

My roommate in the late '90s ran his Formula Firebird up on a curb to miss a double-backer. Tire, wheel & control arm to save a squirrel. 🤕. I love animals, but maybe not that much.

I wish the herd in my backyard would go play in the highway. They are destructive to my shrubs and trees. Looking at high powered BB rifles. Don’t tell my wife…

I found them suicidal or thrill seeker. They'll immedialtely cross the street while the vehicles are approaching. That is why a lot of them get run over.

I was riding my bike to work, saw a flash in my peripheral vision, felt the impact on the front wheel, and then saw a squirrel dashing away, perhaps with a story to tell his grandchildren.

For a while, I lived in a small rural town with a lot of trees and squirrels.
While walking to work, I would see some squirrels walking on top of the power lines.
When they would get to a pole, they'd make a left or right turn and keep going.
It was their highway system.

My roommate in the late '90s ran his Formula Firebird up on a curb to miss a double-backer. Tire, wheel & control arm to save a squirrel. 🤕. I love animals, but maybe not that much.
When my sister was still learning to drive I was in the car with her and a robin landed in front of the car - on a 2-lane rural road with drainage ditches on both sides. She swerves to miss the thing and justifies it by saying that she didn't want to kill the bird. Fortunately she stayed on the road, but I told her that if she did that again and killed me I would spend my eternity coming back to haunt her for that...

I wish the herd in my backyard would go play in the highway. They are destructive to my shrubs and trees. Looking at high powered BB rifles. Don’t tell my wife…
I've got a lot of oak, hickory walnut trees around me and there's a squirrel nest or two in every one of them. The hawks and owls keep them thinned down though.

It's the opossums I morn for when I see a local flattened. I see then coming from down the road to feed on the cat food in the back. Luckily they are fast breeders.

Fortunately she stayed on the road, but I told her that if she did that again and killed me I would spend my eternity coming back to haunt her for that.
Unless your living soul is filled with evil - as you exhale your very last breath, there's no way you will agree to surrender your brand new Divine Nature, for a return to Human Nature.... especially for mere haunting purposes. You will most likely forgive your sister for ending your life. Then you will thank her for escaping an increasingly sinful earth.

I've seen countless squirrels on busy roads trying to drag their dead mates to safety. Some even stay nearby their departed partners for hours afterwards. It's heartbreaking to watch sometimes.

If you’ve ever had one get in your attic and start chewing on everything you wouldn’t feel sorry for them. I have. The only thing that ran them off was a rapid pulse strobe light. Shrubs that I have planted and paid top price for are being chewed and stripped just because they are bored. My backyard backs up to a huge hardwood forest that is full of oaks-acorns so it’s not like they are starving. They are fixin to be acquainted with something traveling at 1,200 feet per second.

Around here it is Deer ,Possums, Coons,Squirrels Skunks and Vultures. Any one can do major damage to you or your vehicle. I almost hit Skunk at night while traveling with my wife on our Goldwing 1500. We were on our way to Branson on a rainy night and this squirrel came out of nowhere right in front of us. I tried to miss it and in doing so the bike went sideways but stayed upright with me and her. There was a highway patrolman behind us and when we pulled into a gas staition to check our britches this patrolman came up and said that took a good bit of riding to miss that skunk. We had reservations at a local motel for the night and were sure we would be told we couldn't stay if we got sprayed. At least the rest of our trip was un-eventful. Drove in rain the next day and on that Wing you just don't get wet. Amazing Fairings.

Back