Spotted 2021 Mustang Mach-E today at grocery store

I spotted a new Mustang Mach-E at the grocery store today and it looks pretty cool.

F1865D52-5821-4D77-A365-4F9364B289FB.jpeg

I saw one the other day, that thing should have the Mustang badges ripped off and pinto in its place if it starts going up in flames like Fords others, it has more in common with the Pinto. Sorry just on looks alone two words came out of my mouth and the wife agreed Sh.. box.

An identical car drove through our neighborhood here in West KY last week. It made an odd whining noise like the 3 phase electric motors at work. Nicer looking in person than the photos even.

Anyway congrats to Ford. As far as our little town is concerned, Ford is now tied with Tesla for number of EV's sold.

It would seem that since these cars don't need a grill to pass air through to a radiator that the front end could be more aerodynamically designed. These things just look like incomplete cars. Why have a wide area of nothing that just causes more wind resistance? Use the old Jaguar XKE for some styling tips!

Looks like they forgot to put door handles in.
They forgot to put a Mustang under the badge. I think they could have dug up another old name out of the pile than use one from an icon.
They will pay for it in the end trying to pass this thing off. At least with Tesla they have a lot of experience building electric cars.

I think it's a sharp car but not quite sure how it relates to a Mustang or why they chose that name. Completely different vehicle style and purpose.

If prices ever come down to something reasonable I'd definitely consider an electric car for my commuter vehicle, but a gasoline engined car will always have a place in my driveway.

Have heard the Mach-E has oodles of problems, not terribly uprising for the first model year of a completely new vehicle. I'd certainly be leery being one of the first to buy one.

I think they could have dug up another old name out of the pile than use one from an icon.
They will pay for it in the end trying to pass this thing off.
I bet they called it Mustang to help with sales. But it looks more like a SUV than a sports car. Maybe Stallion would have been a better fit.

Tesla + Accord hatchback

Also the fake UFO noise is required. Our Prius Prime does it up to 22-23 mph and even loader in reverse. There' s speaker in the grill area for it. Annoying, but don't want to run over someone after disabling it and face any liability, so on it stays.

Yep. They chose the Mustang name because people are more familiar with it.

I would lease one maybe in a year or two after all the initial bugs are resolved.

Last edited:
It would seem that since these cars don't need a grill to pass air through to a radiator that the front end could be more aerodynamically designed. These things just look like incomplete cars. Why have a wide area of nothing that just causes more wind resistance? Use the old Jaguar XKE for some styling tips!
I was thinking the exact same thing. It bug me on Teslas, too, especially the Model 3. But this one may be the worst of them. Otherwise, I don't mind the styling of the rest of it. I think they made a big mistake calling it the Mustang, though. It muddys the water with the brand name. There should only be one Mustang.

Back