Spotted: 1959 Ford F-100

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Saw the owner getting in and had to go say hi. 1959 Ford F-100 he bought in 1975 for $25 because it had engine problems. He's driven it all over Az and beyond and has no idea how many miles are on it. Had tranny trouble once because someone in a small car backed into him in a parking lot and pushed the truck back 6" and really messed up the car. The tranny started acting funny a bit later. He was eating a BK breakfast sandwich and had a bag of BK on the seat for later. It has later seats covered with those saddle blanket covers, no idea what's in the back. People love to talk about their rides. I asked him who was going to outlast who and he laughed and said probably the truck.
20230713_101818.jpg

20230713_101826.jpg

The safety glass is delaminating after 64 years! Love the FoMoCo logo on the glass.
20230713_102129.jpg

There is a dark blue one just like it in my town. Same thing some old guy has it as his daily driver.

Nice to see something this old being daily driven rather than expensively restored.
Lots of patina but not at all bad looking.

Looks to be very solid overall at least from what can be seen from the pictures. I wonder if the frame is solid it might make a nice restoration project.

I’ve got a 1960 Ford panel van (last year of that body style) that is on my project list. I won’t post a picture of it right now because it’s in non-running condition, but I’m currently rounding up engine parts for it. I will be keeping the factory 292 Y-block, but will have a factory 4 bbl intake. I will keep that engine, even if replacement parts are more expensive than a small block Chevy.

I had a 1959 f-250 with a 292 solid lifter V8 with a 3 speed on the column and Detroit locker rear.
I got it in 1975. .
That truck was a beast. I rebuilt the whole suspension including new kingpins, new brakes hoses, brakes, rebuilt carb,
springs were re-arched, u-joints and exhaust. It needed a fuel tank because it kept sucking up rust.
I came home one day from being gone for work out of town and it was gone from the garage. My brother in-law races dirt track cars and apparently the Detroit locker rear was in high demand for that application and he needed one quick. I wasn't mad at him because I think my brother in law said he would replace it when he found one. That never happened......

My brother in-law races dirt track cars and apparently the Detroit locker rear was in high demand for that application and he needed one quick. I wasn't mad at him because I think my brother in law said he would replace it when he found one. That never happened......

I think you should have replaced your brother in-law with a different one. :LOL: I kid, I kid!
You can pick your friends and enemies, you just can't pick your family.

Reactions: TCL
Back