Special kind of jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
As usual in these types of discussions, the motorcyclists are off the hook, so forget about having an intelligent and balanced discussion. If you don't want to hang the driver then you're automatically sticking up for him/her. Typical "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Seriously, the IQ of this board is dropping by the second. Will it match VW's stock?

You hit the nail on the head. It is clear that the motorcyclist
was engaged in reckless driving, speeding, illegally passing on a double yellow line, and not having a valid drivers license, which means he could not even be on the road with the motorcycle at the very least, he also contributed to the serious injury of his passenger. I don't see anything major to note here.
crackmeup2.gif

Watch the video at the top in the link below.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/201...sault/74240788/

Good thing you aren't in any kind of law enforcement! You're just trolling now.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Watch the video at the top in the link below.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/201...sault/74240788/

Good thing you aren't in any kind of law enforcement! You're just trolling now.
crazy.gif

Yet you have NOTHING to say about the reckless, criminal actions of the motorcyclist? Please. You prove my point and that of KrisZ.

The motorcyclist got charged for his minor "crimes". End of story.

People pass on no passing zones thousands of times a day. Does that give that old crazy man a reason to try and kill the guy? The crazy coot even said in the video that he knew that stretch of road was a no passing zone, which pretty much tells me he road raged on the cyclist because he was passing. The crazy man thinks he owns the highway.

Your logic is totally screwed up. The guy is in JAIL right now, and why do you think he's not at home instead. Answer: because the prosecutor has charged him, and based on what I've seen so far he WILL be found guilty and face the consequences. The old dude just screwed up his life. And if you watched the news report, he has prior instances of violent actions on the road.

So who would you rather see on the road? A motorcyclist that broke a minor traffic law or a crazy old man with major road rage problems tying to take the law into his own hands?

And BTW, if you know anything about riding motorcycles, the pass he was doing even though on a double yellow was not being very reckless or dangerous.

Two counts of aggravated assault for the old goat - that's probably about right, maybe a little on the light side, but his intent will be hard to prove. They may not be able to prove this charge. If he had insurance, it's unlikely it will pay anything since it's now being treated as a crime.

His mouth has done him no favors - this is typical of idiots.

Tickets for the squid; I think that's way too light. It would be okay if no one was injured - but it's not appropriate when someone is in the hospital with serious injuries, imo. On the other hand, it's a break for the woman in the hospital; the squid's insurance - if he has any - may be available to her.

Invalid license is interesting. Could be lack of an endorsement if one is required. Could have been suspended for something like DWI or drug convictions and the suspension time has passed, but the guy hasn't met the requirements to have it reinstated. Or it could mean suspended.

And BTW, if you know anything about riding motorcycles, the pass he was doing even though on a double yellow was not being very reckless or dangerous.

Yeah, it was. Up against the center line like he was is a killing zone - as this moron found out. That's brain dead stupid, regardless of whether or not it was a no passing zone.

Originally Posted By: Win

Yeah, it was. Up against the center line like he was is a killing zone - as this moron found out. That's brain dead stupid, regardless of whether or not it was a no passing zone.

There are a lot of "unskilled" riders out there (I've seen many), but ultimately doesn't make it his fault that the old man took him out.

Yeah, maybe it would have helped if he had more room to make a defensive move, and would have been hard to do riding double since this was spit second due to Mad Max in the car, but still not the real reason he got nailed. He was in his lane after all (in the inside tire track of the road) - the road rager was not in his lane obviously.

ZeeOSix is in denial as are most motorcyclists, never admitting that bikers are often times just as negligent if not more so than the typical motorist.

The biker in this case will NOT be able to ride that motorcycle again without a valid license which he does NOT have.

More importantly he endangered the lives of other motorists by speeding, and passing in a no passing zone, and almost killed his passenger by making that illegal decision to pass illegally. She is currently is serious condition with her injuries.

I hope the guy driving the car gets his just deserts whatever they may be. At this point we don't know all the details about his actions. IF he actually DELIBERATELY attempted to hit that biker I think he should be charged with attempted vehicular homicide.

Last edited:
ZeeOSix is in denial as are most motorcyclists, never admitting that bikers are often times just as negligent if not more so than the typical motorist.

The biker in this case will NOT be able to ride that motorcycle again without a valid license which he does NOT have.

More importantly he endangered the lives of other motorists by speeding, and passing in a no passing zone, and almost killed his passenger by making that illegal decision to pass illegally. She is currently is serious condition with her injuries.

I hope the guy driving the car gets his just deserts whatever they may be. At this point we don't know all the details about his actions. IF he actually DELIBERATELY attempted to hit that biker I think he should be charged with attempted vehicular homicide.

Every day I drive, I see more idiot car drivers than I see motorcyclists. You're trying to make unrelated exaggerated scenarios to this case were there wasn't any danger to anyone in any car around this guy passing in the double yellow. The video clearly shows he has plenty of passing road ahead. If you think he endangered his girlfriend on the back because some unexpected crazy lunatic tried to stop someone from breaking a law, then I guess I'll just have to say you have logic all screwed up.
smile.gif

If you go back to the original post and follow the link and the links in that link, you will get more insight. The rider said he wasn't speeding because the cars were going way below the speed limit. The cyclist has many witnesses that will testify to what went on, so stay tuned to see how the old guy gets fried.

All he has to do is go get his motorcycle endorsement or whatever. You make it sound like the guy not having a valid license is the whole reason this all happened. Duh!

And I agree with your last paragraph.

Every day I drive, I see more idiot car drivers than I see motorcyclists. You're trying to make unrelated exaggerated scenarios to this case were there wasn't any danger to anyone in any car around this guy passing in the double yellow. The video clearly shows he has plenty of passing road ahead. If you think he endangered his girlfriend on the back because some unexpected crazy lunatic tried to stop someone from breaking a law, then I guess I'll just have to say you have logic all screwed up.
smile.gif

I agree.

For every 1-2 stupid/crazy motorcyclist on the roads(both highways and city streets) I saw more than 10-20 idiot car/SUV/minivan/pickup drivers.

When I saw an approaching bike on my left side I moved 2-3 feet to the right to give the rider more room, if he/she was on the right side I moved to the left.

I hate getting into accident with rider(s), they are so easy to get serious injuries in an accident, especially on highway.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

smile.gif

I agree.

For every 1-2 stupid/crazy motorcyclist on the roads(both highways and city streets) I saw more than 10-20 idiot car/SUV/minivan/pickup drivers.

When I saw an approaching bike on my left side I moved 2-3 feet to the right to give the rider more room, if he/she was on the right side I moved to the left.

I hate getting into accident with rider(s), they are so easy to get serious injuries in an accident, especially on highway.

LOL

You've actually just proven motorcyclists are more reckless.

There were 8 million registered motorcycles in the US in 2012 compared to 183 million light duty short wheel base vehicles.

If they were equally reckless, you should see 23 reckless cars for every 1 reckless motorcycle.

But for every 23 reckless cars, by your own admission, you are seeing 2.3 reckless motorcyclists.

So in your observations, motorcyclists are 2.3 times more reckless than car drivers.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

smile.gif

I agree.

LOL

There were 8 million registered motorcycles in the US in 2012 compared to 183 million light duty short wheel base vehicles.

If they were equally reckless, you should see 23 reckless cars for every 1 reckless motorcycle.

But for every 23 reckless cars, by your own admission, you are seeing 2.3 reckless motorcyclists.

So in your observations, motorcyclists are 2.3 times more reckless than car drivers.

Literal much?

How about this: I estimate that I see several thousand car drivers driving poorly, for every Motorcyclist I see riding poorly.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why do people get so offended when someone passes them?

Amazingly succinct. People really do get offended when passed. I've seen idiots swerve at me and then chase me after being passed... in a car.

Anyone trying to deliberately cause an accident is the lowest of the low. That includes brake checking and other related behavior...

I hate motorcyclists. The Harley riders are ok, but almost every sport bike rider I see is always speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, splitting lanes, and driving like a reckless, inconsiderate d-bag. They think because they're faster and more nimble than cars, they can do whatever they want. I can't remember the last time I saw a sport bike owner driving responsibly. I don't have much sympathy for this particular rider.

And that does NOT mean that I think the old man did the right thing.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
I am totally blown away by the arguments posted here.

By the same logic, the next time someone sees a driver blow through a stop sign, someone could pull out their side arm and shoot them dead, and both the driver and the shooter would be equally to blame?!?!?!

Just because someone breaks the law, it does not give anyone the opportunity to take the law into their own hands and give judge/jury free conviction and punishment.

I have not seen anyone defend the driver of the vehicle. Rather we are commenting on the moron driving the bike and how he was just as moronic.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: bradepb

I didn't say there was one . But that is why there were double yellow lines. No passing because of limited visibility, you cant see if someone is coming.

Passing zones are generally also determined with the comparatively glacial acceleration of the average car/truck in mind. Not to mention the wider cars and trucks are far less maneuverable.

I've seen roads which are double yellow in every State, which could be dotted lines if the performance and maneuverability of a bike were taken into account. Of course they don't do that, because the roads are stripped for all road users. But that also means there are plenty of places where Motorcyclists can safely pass on double yellows, even if it is technically 'illegal' to do so.

I don't know of any Motorcyclists that will intentionally put themselves in harms way, by passing when there is insufficient room to safely do so.

So yes, the Motorcyclist was passing on a double yellow. Which while illegal, I'd bet he had more than sufficient room (for his specific vehicle) to make the pass without putting anyone in danger.

That doesn't justify the homicidal old mans decision to take the law into his own hands, and use his car as a weapon to commit what I would consider attempted murder.

I hope the old fool is charged with attempted murder.

Seriously? You must not get out on the road much. I see it ALL the time. I have friends I would refuse to ride with because of the stupid risks they always took.

I'm on the road pretty much year round, and all over the Country. I've seen cars and motorcycles pass on the double yellow. From my observations, the Motorcyclists generally make far fewer unsafe passes than the car drivers.

Ie: The motorcycles are generally in the oncoming lane for far less time, so oncoming traffic isn't endangered, as it often is by the less maneuverable cars and trucks that are in the oncoming lane for far longer to make a pass.

I see guys on motorcycles pass all the time( in passing zones and over double yellows like in video )when there isn't room( to do it safely ), I see them going down the road at 100MPH all the time, I see them driving up the break down lane, and just on and on.

Originally Posted By: Win
Again, just because the guy was passing on a double yellow does not give the crazy old coot any justification for his actions. I bet he will be charged with something in this case, and rightly so.

Who ever said it did?

It was a general comment because some here obviously sound like they think the crazy old man had a good reason to do what he did.

I would have to question their social outlook on life and how they perceive unwarranted and unlawful actions to purposely cause injury to others.

I haven't heard one person justify what the guy in the vehicle did? Not sure what you are reading?

Originally Posted By: Benito
LOL

Reckless rider(s) or not, I always give motorcyclists as much room as possible.

The senior driver of the car that hit the motorcyclist is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is being held on bond of $75,000 on each charge.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-arrest-man-seen-viral-video-hitting-163751165.html

There's nothing I hate more than douche bag-type motorcycle riders who have zero regard for the law,the road,other drivers they're sharing the road with,and their passengers,and I'm a motorcycle rider. They give the good ones a bad rep (which are VERY few and far between it seems nowadays). I hope the motorcycle rider get charged with attempted manslaughter for putting his wife/girlfriend's life in danger. SHE is the innocent one in this horrible ordeal,he got what he deserved imo. I feel really bad for her,not for him though. I hope and pray that she's ok.

Today there was a dumb [censored] on a motorcycle weaving in/out/and around cars trying to be the first on the highway entrance ramp,cutting off cars,using no turning signals,speeding,etc.

PLEASE take this kind've behavior to the race track,and leave it off the public roads.

^^^ Yeah, so what do you think of the crazy old man "not sharing the road" (in the worst way) and injuring two people because of it?

^^^ Yeah, so what do you think of the crazy old man "not sharing the road" and injuring two people because of it?

The car driver is just as guilty as the dumb [censored] on the motorcycle,and I'd hang him in a heartbeat for putting *her* life in danger,his life I couldn't care less. My main beef with the motorcycle douche is that he put the completely innocent girl in danger. She didn't ask to be put in that situation. It almost looks like the motorcycle douche and the old man thought the were going to play cat and mouse or something,or king of the hill ("How dare you pass me!!,car guy,"How dare you slow me down!!",motorcycle guy). They're both total dumb [censored].

When all of us (either on our bikes or cars) want to race and/or speed,we take it to the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back