Sounds like kid blowing across the open top of a bottle

Good Morning everyone.
I recently purchased a 2018 Ford Escape Ecoboost AWD.
Last night driving home my car started making an intermittent sound that can best be described as when you blow across the top of an open bottle. It's that deep hummy/whirring type of sound but it would do it sporadically both while I was driving and at a stop light.
Originally it sounded like it could be coming from the rear but after I got parked at home and popped the hood it almost sounded like it was coming from the engine bay somewhere but it sounded quieter than when I was driving. No warning lights were on and no code immediately popped up.
This morning I drove to work and the check engine light has come on but I never heard the sound.
I plan to take it to get the code ran on my lunch break but was hoping someone here might have an idea on this issue?
I'm really hopeful it's not an expensive fix. I can't afford a $1k plus repair on a vehicle that I bought 3 months ago.

My guess is something going bad on the serpentine belt system. Idler pulley, alternator bearing etc. Since sound at stop, no wheel bearing issues. Good Luck!!!

I would say IAT but that was replaced(not used anymore) when they went to electronic throttle body.

I go to lunch in a few minutes so I will run down to the parts store and have them run the codes.

The sound almost came across like the car was farting in a sense. it wasn't a continuous sound.

Had the scan done at Autozone during my lunch break. It returned
P2196: HO2S11 not switching correctly. Sensor indicates rich.

The fixfinder report they gave me says it's most likely solution is to replace the EVAP Canister Purge Control Valve

Back