What might this 2018 Subaru Impreza engine noise be caused by?

Oil pressure looks good. After a cold start and at high idle of about 1800 rpm, it shows 80-85 psi. After 2 or 3 minutes when the cold light goes out and idle at 900 rpm, 25-30 psi.
Can you see oil pressure with 176 degree oil temps with a scan tool? Or higher? Or infrared thermometer on the oil filter? Blue coolant temp light turns off at 120F coolant which is probably 90F oil. Or rev the engine until the cooling fans cycle over and over, with HVAC off. That will be at least 220F oil.

I'll do that next. Then flush and oil change. Subaru sell this flush for $15,

SOA868V9290%20EngineOilSystemFlush_9290.jpg

Do I need that, or is any parts store flush ok?

I'll do that next. Then flush and oil change. Subaru sell this flush for $15,

SOA868V9290%20EngineOilSystemFlush_9290.jpg

Do I need that, or is any parts store flush ok?
Whichever you prefer. Maybe a few ounces of Berryman B12 chemtool added to cold engine oil. Bring to temp and change. Liqui Moly LM2037, whichever your preferred

Can you see oil pressure with 176 degree oil temps with a scan tool? Or higher? Or infrared thermometer on the oil filter? Blue coolant temp light turns off at 120F coolant which is probably 90F oil. Or rev the engine until the cooling fans cycle over and over, with HVAC off. That will be at least 220F oil.
The sensor next to the oil pressure switch should be an oil temperature sensor. On my WRX it's possible to have the oil temperature shown on the dash.

I'd definitely check the pressure at the recommended 80°C, preferably at both idle and 3k rpm.

The sensor next to the oil pressure switch should be an oil temperature sensor. On my WRX it's possible to have the oil temperature shown on the dash.

I'd definitely check the pressure at the recommended 80°C, preferably at both idle and 3k rpm.
I believe on 18 Impreza it is visible on the center information screen on sport trim level only if OP has sport model

Back