Songs that you simply never liked? Or can't stand.

Interesting thread. I'm a rare one that will listen to a broad range of music. I would say my primary category is rock/metal. Some of my favorites are Metallica, Sevenfold, and Disturbed. Mid-late 90's/ early 2000's was my "era." I grew up listening to and liking all forms of classic rock. My uncle influenced lots of 70's/80's hair bands. I like lots of older country. New stuff has a few gems, but is mostly junk. On extremely rare occasion I'll even listen to a select handful of rap artists if someone else wishes. Really the only categories I'll dislike 99% of is modern "pop" (Katy Perry, Lady Gag), true classical music (Mozart, Beethoven), and mainstream rap (Lil' Wayne, 2 Chainz).

Having said that, even though I like hard rock, for some reason I dont like Alice in Chains, Guns N' Roses, and I especially hate Rage Against the Machine and Breaking Benjamin (they sound exactly the same in every song).

I do like earlier Shinedown (I think they've lost their touch recently), Linkin Park, System of a Down, and Adam's Three Days Grace (Matt sucks). I also have a huge affinity for female rock bands. Flyleaf is good. When I was younger, Amy Lee was the queen. She has since been dethroned by Lzzy Hale of Halestorm. That woman was meant to be a rock star. Admittedly, I think their new stuff is slipping, but their self-titled and The Strange Case of... albums were stellar. Just keep that In This Moment and The Pretty Reckless trash off my speakers.

As for the country side, I'm mostly a classic country listener, but I like the 90's too. I like Alan Jackson, George Strait, Possum, Bocephus, Merle... the list goes on. I was never a Willie fan. As for the somewhat newer stuff, I like Buddy Brown, Granger Smith, Aaron Lewis (liked him as Staind as well), Justin Moore, Craig Morgan, Luke Combs, Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins. So many more.

Finally, the reason I posted to this thread. I absolutely cannot stand Brantley Gilbert. Every song sounds like it was recorded from his toilet while taking an insanely constipated painful ****. Once that thought is in your head, it literally cannot be forgotten. Ever. Just listen to 15 seconds of any of his songs. You won't be able to deny it.

He "sang." Made me want to run and fall down the stairs.

$16 a beer and I can let ya have two at once. :) Pretty funny since MSG is an abandoned building now .. I do not believe I miss it, either. (Too many people in too small a space. Not a great venue. Sorry.)
Lol. My mother went to the original MSG in the 1950s to see Roy Rogers. I’ve gone into the abomination that is these days is (was?) called “Pennsylvania Station”... Never seen a show at MSG.

Whenever songs are associated with a horrible product. I then hear it on radio and then I just wanna puke outta my truck cab.

Internet Explorer Song

Those FCA "Jeeps" aka lifted fiat 500s

This is my Ford song.

Yoshimi, they don't believe me, but I won't let those robots eat me

Freeze Frame, by J Geils Band. I was so quick to turn off the radio, that all I heard of the song was "Freeze fra"
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me, by Billy Joel

Bands that just don't appeal to me:
Kiss
Sex Pistols
The Ramones
The B-52's
Bruce Springsteen (to me, his singing sounds like a barking dog)
The Black Crowes
Janis Sloplin
Motley Crue
Guns n Roses (I would immediately turn any of their songs off when Axl Rose started singing)
Poison (there were many late-80's hair bands that were Van Halen imitators)
any modern female vocalist with a whiny voice
anything Rap

Last edited:
How could I have forgotten ... anything and everything by BTO! And almost everything by Blood, Sweat, and Tears! (Does this make me a disloyal Canadian?) :unsure:

Freeze Frame, by J Geils Band. I was so quick to turn off the radio, that all I heard of the song was "Freeze fra"
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me, by Billy Joel

Bands that just don't appeal to me:
Kiss
Sex Pistols
The Ramones
The B-52's
Bruce Springsteen (to me, his singing sounds like a barking dog)
The Black Crowes
Janis Sloplin
Motley Crue
Guns n Roses (I would immediately turn any of their songs off when Axl Rose started singing)
Poison (there were many late-80's hair bands that were Van Halen imitators)
any modern female vocalist with a whiny voice
anything Rap
The b-side of that 45,"Flame Thrower" is actually kind've cool!!

Back