Sometimes WallyWorld is Ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor next to Ma's down south laid 5 quarts of Mobil 1 5W30 EP on me, free, he lost the receipt, didn't mean for his wife to buy it, whatever, he wasn't gonna use it.

So, 5W30 being WAAAAAY too thick for my 4-banger Hyundai, I took it to Wally World, sans receipt, and they traded me 5 quarts of 0W20 AND refunded the difference (the EP is $6.68/qt. for gard's sake!).

Truthfully, if not for free, I wouldn't have any of the Mobil 1, but for free, I'll risk the damage to my engine just this once. Anyone try the Mobil 1 0W20 yet?

Truthfully, if not for free, I wouldn't have any of the Mobil 1, but for free, I'll risk the damage to my engine just this once

You are joking right? Otherwise after 2300 posts....geeeezzzzz

I ordered 5 Qtuarts of Amsoil XL 10w30 for my umemployed buddy's 1980 Supra, He keeps trying to sell me the car and one day I may own it...but I can tell my Buddy's reaction that he really appreciates someone giving him a syn oil...This guy knows nothing about oil and had never heard of Amsoil...he still thinks Pennzoil causes sludge...but uses Quaker State...
offtopic.gif
...anyways No oil is better than free Syn that you can trade in at Wal-Mart...

Quote:

Quote:

I took it to Wally World, sans receipt,

Why risk assault?

tombstone.gif

Funny in a sad sorta' way.

Betcha' the security detail of the Wal-Marts 'round these parts would hold back vice attacking Coot.

Self-preservation is a strong instinct.

Even at my ancient age Coot wields a physical presence that even makes the biggest blokes hold back from physical altercations.

The semi-toothed grin only adds to the presence.

Heck, I even scare myself when looking in the mirror.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Risk engine damage? I hope you are kidding.

Yes, Travis, just kidding. It's my own personal satire vs. Exxon/Mobil. After 30 years of spending an unnecessary TEN tons of dough buying M1 and changing every 3 or 4 k miles in every vehicle I've ever owned, I stopped a couple of years ago. This because we can't get a straight answer as to whether we're getting a true PAO for our (excessive amounts of) money.

So, in the meantime, I refuse to use their water-laden, rust-inducing, non-tiered gasoline, nor will I ever use their thin, sludgie, high-wear causing, low-additive GroupII "synthetic" PCMOs ever again (except when it's free, and even with this freebie, I'm having doubts).

Just kidding, of course...
grin.gif

Really. Kidding, that is. Kinda.
stirthepot.gif

I have to say, I've never been a big fan of Walmart, but after reading so many posts from other members, I went to my local Super Walmart yesterday to check out the auto section. I was pleasantly surprised to find theIr prices for motor oil simply cannot be beat around my area. I stocked up on 5-quart jugs of Castrol GTX for next to nothing ($10.98)! The AZ price in my area is $3.05 per quart. I did notice their prices on single quarts weren't that great ($2.80 - still better than most), but their "bulk" prices on the 4 and 5 quart jugs were great. I think I've found my oil store for a while!

I had two professors in college that worked very hard to keep a Walmart from being built in the small college town. They were successful, but instead the Walmart was built on the other side of the city limits in the slightly larger neighboring town. Ironically, it is still closer to the majority of their town so it still have full effect, but without any of the tax benefits. Talk about winning the battle and losing the war.

Quote:

I had two professors in college that worked very hard to keep a Walmart from being built in the small college town. They were successful, but instead the Walmart was built on the other side of the city limits in the slightly larger neighboring town. Ironically, it is still closer to the majority of their town so it still have full effect, but without any of the tax benefits. Talk about winning the battle and losing the war.

I hope they weren't Professors of Economics. It's amazing that we pay big bucks for these people to teach our children.

You can bash Walmart all you want but they have whatever you want, when you want, at the price you want. The selection is Great there and the closeouts are even better.

Quote:

You can bash Walmart all you want but they have whatever you want, when you want, at the price you want. The selection is Great there and the closeouts are even better.

They hardly ever have anything I want. Most of the stuff is the lowest quality they can find. If you want cheap junk, sure its the place to go.
thread.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back