Some UPS Trucks Will Get A/C

UPS guys are fully live GPS monitored. There is no hiding, long lunch or goofing off like the old days.
How long does it take to get the notification on your phone a package has been delivered when you have the UPS app? Not very long.
Keeping the truck moving cools off the drivers unfortunately, unless in urban areas then it's lock it up in the sun.
Most shops get unionized not only just for money but working conditions also.
Oh wow, yes. In UPS case, as you point out, technology has enabled the bean counters to make the job suck. Micro managing is a problem, and I agree, our UPS driver ate lunch at the local Country Store! This is what a union is for. If my workplace did this, it would be union. My dad´s workplace gone UAW cause the company did not treat the workers well.

I also notice that UPS drivers no longer knock and wait a few seconds at the door of homes. They just drop and go.

Hopefully UPS employees can get what they are asking for.

I‘ve read stories of some part-time UPS employees at warehouse / distribution center working 10+ years hoping to get a full-time job as a driver to make good money. In the mean time they have to get a second part-time job so they can barely pay their bills / rent.

I understand seniority is everything in a union….. but I find it kind of crazy for some part-timers would work such a long time making crap income and UPS keeps dangling carrot in front of these people. I also understand UPS only needs so many drivers per warehouse / distribution center and the driver waiting list is long.

In that 10 year timeframe those part-time folks could have gone to a trade school and made big $$$$$ as a plumber , diesel mechanic or HVAC…… possibly even open up a business and kill it making $$$$$.

Am I overthinking this or am I missing something ?

:unsure:

Back