Some cheap tires from Walmart via Simple Tire

A set of 4 for less than $300 (before tax)? Must be old stock ... but sounds tempting, considering I usually wear out winter tires in 2 seasons from commuting in warmer than winter weather.
1686588539530.jpg

I came across a set of four cooper snow tires on ebay in July for $115. They were fresh date and firsts, not blems. Balanced good and provided good service.

WM is good about honoring pricing mistakes, what have you got to lose? Take screen shots.

SimpleTire only sent one tire.

Their reponse:
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused due to the error in listing on Amazon This listing for 04 tires was from a different seller and linked to our listing for 1 tire, not as a set of 04, and before realizing the error, the order was already processed.

We have requested our warehouse to cancel this shipment, once we get a confirmation, we will cancel and refund this order. If you receive these tires, request you to please accept the delivery and initiate a return request through your Amazon account for this order and we can generate pre-paid return labels for you.

As a valued customer of SimpleTire, We would like to offer you a 5% discount on your next purchase for the inconvenience caused

Thank you for being a SimpleTire customer and have a great day!

(though they mistakenly said Amazon, not Wally-world)

wal-mart says Outpost APT ... out of stock

I do like the WR G4's... but the unstudded Nordman 7's does sound tempting though.
1687232611550.jpg

The website link in your first post still shows the same price and "Set of four". It also says "Sold and Shipped by Walmart". I'd print it out along with your receipt and go to customer service in the store. Pick a store that sells and installs tires and try and pick a time that isn't totally crazy.

Tell them that you only received one tire and the ad says it is for four tires. Play dumb and tell them you want what you purchased and was advertised on their website.

It is most likely an error...but that is their problem.

The website link in your first post still shows the same price and "Set of four". It also says "Sold and Shipped by Walmart". I'd print it out along with your receipt and go to customer service in the store. Pick a store that sells and installs tires and try and pick a time that isn't totally crazy.

Tell them that you only received one tire and the ad says it is for four tires. Play dumb and tell them you want what you purchased and was advertised on their website.

It is most likely an error...but that is their problem.
OR-walk away because you are really trying to get something (3 tires) for free- you don't deserve. You realize we all pay for errors...don't you? Just like shop lifting.

Their reponse: "This listing for 04 tires was from a different seller and linked to our listing for 1 tire, not as a set of 04, and before realizing the error, the order was already processed.

We have requested our warehouse to cancel this shipment, once we get a confirmation, we will cancel and refund this order. If you receive these tires, request you to please accept the delivery and initiate a return request through your Amazon account for this order and we can generate pre-paid return labels for you."

Some of the comments in this thread seem harsh to me.

OP bought what was advertised as 4 tires and it sounds like the company might have shipped out 4 tires.

They only realized after the order was processed that 4 tires might have shipped.

If the order is received, he shouldn't have to initiate a return request and transport 4 tires to the UPS store......

Some of the comments in this thread seem harsh to me.

OP bought what was advertised as 4 tires and it sounds like the company might have shipped out 4 tires.

They only realized after the order was processed that 4 tires might have shipped.

If the order is received, he shouldn't have to initiate a return request and transport 4 tires to the UPS store......
Right-he should get three free tires that ultimately we all pay for just like shop lifting.

Right-he should get three free tires that ultimately we all pay for just like shop lifting.

His time is worth $.
He honoured his part of the deal by providing payment and they might have honoured theirs by delivering.

It's shouldn't be considered free when that's what was advertised and his interpretation was reasonable (must be old stock).

I have bought Nokian tires on the Walmart site where the prices have fluctuated week to week, but $278 for four Pirellis seems unbelievable as legit.

Reactions: JTK
Back