Some cheap tires from Walmart via Simple Tire

OR-walk away because you are really trying to get something (3 tires) for free- you don't deserve. You realize we all pay for errors...don't you? Just like shop lifting.
The stock-holders pay for errors, same as with any other company. If walmart's errors are so far beyond their competition that they have to raise their prices, a more efficient competitor will gain market share from them.

If Walmart decides to let a robot negotiate deals with buyers instead of a well-paid union-member human being, their stock holders can reap the benefits and foibles.

Reactions: JTK
The stock-holders pay for errors, same as with any other company. If walmart's errors are so far beyond their competition that they have to raise their prices, a more efficient competitor will gain market share from them.

If Walmart decides to let a robot negotiate deals with buyers instead of a well-paid union-member human being, their stock holders can reap the benefits and foibles.
OK-Tell me who is Walmart Competition? I know of no other retailer with the foot print and the buying power they have. Your answer while well meaning is nonsensical. The stock holders demand a return-the prices will go up if anything eats in to their margins.

OK-Tell me who is Walmart Competition? I know of no other retailer with the foot print and the buying power they have. Your answer while well meaning is nonsensical. The stock holders demand a return-the prices will go up if anything eats in to their margins.
Amazon!

Amazon has been the only place I buy tires.

Set of 4, $294.93, always kept fresh on my vehicle (note the speed rating for high speeds . ) I do believe OP posted a set of winter tires. If I could get Pirellis for $300 that could handle the summer. I'd switch. And that's Z-rated.. "P225/60ZR16 102W XL"

Amazon is "the only place I look for tires" my shop will put them on $100 to do all 4 so $25 a tire mounting.. they will ship for free from Simple Tire, Discount Tire Direct maybe, Priority Tire.. they ship stupid fast and if I had $300 right now I'd replace mine. Tread starting to get medium so.

The Simple Tire websites are horrible to navigate, by the way. Went through this around this time last year in another state. I remember it well.

1687884510533.png
20230627_125114.jpg

@CKN , Amazon is. VAST MAJORITY Of Walmarts particularly in certain states do NOT have Tire and Lube centers.. you can still probably come out ahead, tires mailed to a shop and mounted/balanced/installed for a price.

Amazon will mail to residential. Never seen a tire bought Walmart Site To Store. Perhaps only a matter of time.

I would, but I have learned to replace in sets when possible...

Last edited:
1687885619750.png

$130 for Unstudded Hakka 9's per tire plus tax.

BTW, I have worked retail before. When you screw up the price tags, the corporation absorbs that loss (and you hope it's minimal), and you immediately correct it. If it was a mistake in an advertisement, the company has to soak up the bigger loss, until they can correct it. At least online, the company can correct it sooner.

SimpleTire made a mistake on the listing, but they didn't want to own up to it.

Last edited:
I don't recall if the seller was Simple Tire, but I've jumped on walmart online tire deals at least 2x in the past only to have the order cancelled due to a "listing error" or some such.

I keep my own inventory of mail-order tires when I can find deals on them and then have a local shop mount/balance them for me for around $100 for 4.

I've been burned by no-name import tires, but it's rare. Supermax brand being the latest. They were either Korean or Vietnamese IIRC. Others, such as the Crosswinds I've been running on our Pathfinder have been excellent.

I consider Costco to be similar to Walmart.

One key difference is if you go to costco in the middle of a workday, it’s packed. Costco members shop while “working remotely” on co time. Meanwhile Walmart is empty because their typical shopper cannot “work remotely “ while actually being out shopping.

Interestingly, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Google seem to be aware and have corrected course!

I consider Costco to be similar to Walmart.

One key difference is if you go to costco in the middle of a workday, it’s packed. Costco members shop while “working remotely” on co time. Meanwhile Walmart is empty because their typical shopper cannot “work remotely “ while actually being out shopping.

Interestingly, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Google seem to be aware and have corrected course!
Totally two different consumers. CostCo's customers are high end income wise. Walmart's are not. For example-it might be a good price per pound-but because of bulk packaging- you are going to lay down $50.00/$60.00 for a package of beef. That's not Walmart's customer.

It's a known fact-that without membership fees-CostCo wouldn't make money. Walmart makes money on goods.

Totally two different consumers. CostCo's customers are high end income wise. Walmart's are not. For example-it might be a good price per pound-but because of bulk packaging- you are going to lay down $50.00/$60.00 for a package of beef. That's not Walmart's customer.

It's a known fact-that without membership fees-CostCo wouldn't make money. Walmart makes money on goods.
Absolutely….I saw where they said income is $129k for a typical costco member. That might be mode, not median nor mean. And they are cracking down on members loaning membership cards which is their bread and butter. Just once I wish there would be an announcement about being a remote worker shopping on your employers dime, your checkout will have a 5% inconvenience fee added, cuz there are some folks (me) using their lunch hour and need to return to work!

I've been burned by no-name import tires, but it's rare. Supermax brand being the latest. They were either Korean or Vietnamese IIRC. Others, such as the Crosswinds I've been running on our Pathfinder have been excellent.
Ugh, I got some Supermax tires for the beige camry, they flat spot if you look at them wrong. Takes a few miles to work them loose.

Reactions: JTK
Ugh, I got some Supermax tires for the beige camry, they flat spot if you look at them wrong. Takes a few miles to work them loose.
When I put them on our 2019 Pathfinder, the front left developed some really weird wear on the inside shoulder and it felt spongy in that area. We may have had 15K miles on them at that point. I scrapped them for Crosswind HP010's which have been awesome.

The same model Supermax's are on my 2015 Versa as well, but they are the summer set only. They're about shot and getting noisy with maybe 15K miles on them. These tires were like $48/ea for the Versa 3-4yrs ago.

There's a popular chain tire shop in the Buffalo NY area with a dozen or more stores. They offer this particular Supermax tire to this day, so they probably not all that bad.

Last edited:
Back