Some awesome ATF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
So what's the report on the transmission shifting now? Is it generally operating well, or still having intermittent issues?

I realize you don't have it anymore, but what does your mother-in-law think?

After the final drain and fill, I took it for a decent little drive and it was working quite well. Still a little goofy on the 1st->2nd shift once in a while, or the downshift from a rolling stop from 2nd->1st to accelerate. However, it is a vast improvement over what it was doing, and it wasn't slipping or anything like that. She seemed happy with it.

I know you've said before that you didn't have detailed records other than it being "dealer serviced", but I truly do wonder how old that fluid was. It sounds, for now anyway, that the transmission is still "there" enough to drive competently. Given just a fluid change, I agree that she's got to be happy with that.

Originally Posted By: chevys10
Here is the bulletin Critic posted years ago referring to the burnt color of the Z-1. Enjoy.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=523846

That is scary. Metal chunks on the drain magnet are "normal"
crazy2.gif

The HONDA website has "owner Link" where you can look up recall information for your vehicle.
I do not know if they have other information there or not.

I registered my TOYOTA on the Toyota website and it lists all services done at any Toyota dealership over the life of the vehicle.
Otherwise, the dealership that they had the vehicle serviced at may have it in their computer.

Originally Posted By: wiswind
The HONDA website has "owner Link" where you can look up recall information for your vehicle.
I do not know if they have other information there or not.

I registered my TOYOTA on the Toyota website and it lists all services done at any Toyota dealership over the life of the vehicle.
Otherwise, the dealership that they had the vehicle serviced at may have it in their computer.

The Honda Owners Link site only lists what you put in there, not what the dealer has done. I just signed up my 2008 Odyssey a few months ago and nothing was there, but I know it had previous work done at a dealership based on the paperwork provided at the sale. Owners Link did list a dealership that something was done at, but you would have to call to find out what was done. The Toyota website sounds nice......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back