So, Who was the first in Synthetics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Big Jim:
pbm I remember that article very well too. At the time it was published it was the longest article that Popular Science had ever published. I'm pretty sure that the Lincoln engine involved was an older style than the 460, either a 430 or a 462.

The trial on his personal Lincoln was not completed until after he retired but he had Ford's interest enough that they installed a new engine in his car so they could take his apart for inspection.

Big Jim: You may be right about the size of that motor. The article is buried up in my attic somewhere but I definitely still have it. (I have a hard time throwing away any of my old car related magazines, much to my wifes chagrin).I do remember the engineers quote about a little sludge not hurting anything but personnally I prefer a clean engine.

quote:

Originally posted by 47HO:

quote:

I can understand why people shy away from and/or distrust that MLM/pyramid structure

Comparing the two is like comparing Enron to the rest of the country's corporate structure.

I don't trust corporations either. From what I've seen, they're the ones who run the government, not us. And will do anything to screw the customer if it inflates their profit.

For example, the record companies that formed a cartel to inflate CD prices from $9 to $15 via price-fixing & blackmailing discount stores. Another Example: paypal.

Anyway, we're straying off point. Having been a victim of Equinox' pyramid scam, being promised to be well-off selling water filters, but actually losing tons of money..... you can understand why I (and others) hesitate to afflilate with AMSoil's similar structure & promises.

crushedcar.gif

farfel... While I have no personal experience with the company you mentioned you may have failed to understand how the multilevel marketing business works.

Even in a legitiment multilevel marketing company (like Amway) you are not in the product supply business. You are in the recruiting and training business.

You need to be recruiting and training tons of people who in turn recruit and train tons of people.

I know people who have become millionaires in multilevel marketing.

Gene

[ November 08, 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Gene K ]

If you want the full history of synthetics, Google for the book by Gunderson and Hart.

Amsoil WAS the first company to bring API approved Synthetics to the masses with their diester fluids.

Mobil marketed their mostly PAO fluid in Europe from 71-73 and then introduced a PAO/Ester fluid in 1974.

[ November 08, 2004, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gene K:
Even in a legitiment multilevel marketing company (like Amway) you are not in the product supply business. You need to be recruiting and training tons of people who in turn recruit and train tons of people.

Yeah I already knew that. i.e. Live off their bank accounts by selling a dream, and building a Ponzi pyramid, instead of earn a legitimate living with sales. I'll just leave it at that.

Please read:
http://www.mlmwatch.org/01General/10lies.html

And this sounds like me. I was lucky, because the U.S. government closed Equinox just 3 months after I joined. Still ended up with $5,000 of product, no sales, a downline that had no sales, and about $2000 in "training" expenses: http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/reader46.html

[ November 08, 2004, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: farfel ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ninjaracer636:
Do you guys think Amsoil would change their model of marketing iff they get bigger ? I drive 35 minutes to pick it up at the distribution warehouse... Still better than waiting in line at Wal-Mart for Mobil 1
tongue.gif

I sure hope not, if they did what would I do?

Getting back on topic, wasn't SynLube the first to offer synthetics in the automobiles??
synlube.com

[ November 09, 2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back