So who has the new Apple AirTag ??

Pretty wild stuff.
I know other companies have come out with similar products over the years but I doubt any will be as popular and effective as the Apple AirTag.

I bought one for my wife, who like me, likes electronics. She has been having a blast with it. One night she put it I the saddlebag of my Road King (without telling me) and showed me the two gas stations I rode to. It shows her right on Apple Maps, now I need to keep a lookout for it. *LOL*

Pretty amazing, a device just about the size of a 25 cent quarter with 1- 2032 battery, can be put anywhere, luggage, anything of value... and if what ever you attach it to is lost or its stolen you would have a good chance of finding it and the AirTag cost only $30.

Here is how it works, if you lose something or its stolen with an AirTag on it or in it, there is a good chance you will at some point be notified on your Apple device where it is and shown a map of its location.
What the AirTag does, is send its location back to you once it makes contact with ANY iPhone in the country. That is key, it must make contact with a nearby phone and why it can run on one tiny watch like low power battery. No other company has so many device to "phone home" as Apple so you know darn well, sooner or later that device will come in contact with another iPhone.

SO when I went to the gas station I rode by a few young people hanging out with their sport cars or any other number of people, all the air tag that my wife snuck into my saddle bag needed to do was be close enough to send a signal to my wife at home through someone else's phone. It did this at two different gas stations, more or less as soon as it came in contact with another iPhone.

Last edited:
This is a very odd offering from a company that promotes user privacy in their commercials.

Can you tell your Iphone not to connect to stranger's tags? Because obviously that also discloses the location of your Iphone.

The Apple Air Tag is considered better for locating lost things than the Tile. Since it can be located via other Apple product owners in close proximity if you happen to loose something. "If you report an AirTag as lost, Apple's newly expanded Find My app affords help from potentially hundreds of millions of iPhone owners. Tile has long offered similar crowdsourced location assistance, but that user community is a fraction of Apple's."

source: https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-airtags-3-ways-theyre-better-tile-trackers-3-ways-worse/

This is a very odd offering from a company that promotes user privacy in their commercials.

Can you tell your Iphone not to connect to stranger's tags? Because obviously that also discloses the location of your Iphone.
That’s because you don’t understand it. Your first sentence already shows your bias.
Just discussing here but I think I have seen that bias in other posts from you regarding Apple?
Anyway Apple the world leader in privacy has you covered, much info on the internet and not one I care to discuss since all this is already known. Don’t take this personally.

Airtag does not disclose anything about you to strangers unless you purposely and intentionally allow such contact.
Here us some information, btw, other companies have offered this for years but of course Apple just took it to the next level.
What a concept to recover items, valuable and invaluable.

Got the 4 pack w/ custom engraving. Makes it easier to identify which tag goes where.

My only gripe is the accessories needed to deploy airtags. Planning to use them on some equipment and there is no way to solidly attach them. The Milwaukee Tick comes into mind for equipment tracking and how you can hard mount their trackers.

Got the 4 pack w/ custom engraving. Makes it easier to identify which tag goes where.

My only gripe is the accessories needed to deploy airtags. Planning to use them on some equipment and there is no way to solidly attach them. The Milwaukee Tick comes into mind for equipment tracking and how you can hard mount their trackers.
Yeah I had it engraved as well. I received it two weeks before it’s estimated arrival time.
Yes if you’re putting it in a piece of equipment you would have to hide it pretty good, Then again most people wouldn’t even know to check.

I need one for the set of keys I misplaced over a month ago here at home 😂😂😂. Still haven’t found them. I’m the only one with an Apple device so I would be the only one tracking something.

^^^ It’s pretty cool if your looking for something in your house like car keys. Using the app in an iPhone 11 or 12 (for this function only, all other functions work on all iPhones/Apple devices such as ipad iOS 14.5 or later) it will actually display an arrow and point you in the direction of your keys and show you how many feet you are from it.
I am guessing/estimating you do need to come within 10 feet, maybe closer for this function to work.

Last edited:
Man I need that badly then lol. Got an iPhone 12 Pro so I’m sure it would work. I honestly don’t know if the recliner ate them or if when I was sleepwalking to bed if I sat them down somewhere because they were in my lap when I fell asleep. And I was the only one in the house awake so no one else seen.

Back