Snagged some red bottle Toyota SM 0w20-Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
These red bottles don't have that snap bottle top plastic like the black bottles when you take the cap off..
They do have a foil liner when you screw the cap off.

If anyone remembers,is that normal?
Ebay seller and it's old SM red bottle that looks clean and new.

Caterham,easy screw off cap with foil liner pour point correct?
I haven't ever used the red bottle.
I'd like to buy more.
I'm a bit leery because this red bottle 0w20 SM has been gone awhile.

Thanks,I feel better and will order more.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
What's the price?

Too much at $7qt shipped but I like the SM a lot.
Is the red bottle Nippon better than the black Exxon/Mobil?
A little better?
I bought a couple of qts at $8 ea shipped to make sure it was Toyota red bottle 0w20 SM.
I'm working with the Lexus dealer seller on a $7qt shipped cost for 22 more qts..

Actually I can't answer that question since I've only used the Nippon Oil although I've got more than 20L of SM Mobil made Toyota 0W-20 in my stash; God know's when I'll use it since I've moved on to the Sustina 0W-20.

As far as reasonably priced OEM 0W-20's, the current Idemitsu made Mazda USA 0W-20 SN GF-5 has 675 ppm of moly and a somewhat higher 221 VI. So that's higher than both version of the SM Toyota oil plus it's GF-5. The price is around 7 bucks/qt.

The Mazda high moly was my back up.
Watched the Sustina video and it is really interesting.Looks like a great product but the $11+ qt shipped is rough.

24 bottles of red and 15 of black SM and 7 qts of ASL in my stash.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Actually I can't answer that question since I've only used the Nippon Oil although I've got more than 20L of SM Mobil made Toyota 0W-20 in my stash; God know's when I'll use it since I've moved on to the Sustina 0W-20.

As far as reasonably priced OEM 0W-20's, the current Idemitsu made Mazda USA 0W-20 SN GF-5 has 675 ppm of moly and a somewhat higher 221 VI. So that's higher than both version of the SM Toyota oil plus it's GF-5. The price is around 7 bucks/qt.

so you've actually never used the TGMO (mobil)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back