Slickest grease for guns

Anybody remember Outers Gunslick? It was impregnated with graphite.
Yes. Back in the day every one of their cleaning "kits" had a small silver and black tube of it. Good stuff, but messy as hell. If you got it on your hands, it quickly got everywhere else.

If you're looking for something very similar today, this stuff is pretty close.

I think the wear point in the photo would be a good candidate for some Lubro moly MoS2 mixed heavy in an oil of your choice.

I've found Super Lube multi purpose synthetic oil and grease to be a really good pistol lubricant. I use both in different areas on my Beretta; the oil would be good on the part shown in your picture. You can even get it in a convenient pen oiler.

Ditto ^ TW25b on my carry gun; stays put for months (Doesn't run down/off in foster), zero smell, no corrosion issues, functions fine.
Also used on my mostly range use / back-up stainless steel [Sig] 1911. FWIW: ~ 2008 we were issues this overseas... not sure why; supply and demand I guess... I had family send me and used Remoil when I could, it looks good and was less of a sand / middle-east moon dust magnet

Alternate: I use enos slide glide for my basically range only Sig 220 and 229. Also on my carry M8 when going for a >1 box plus range session.

I've been down that road myself. Even made a homemade brew once.

In the end though, I discovered light oil and a quick polish with semichrome worked best in that location. Grease hangs onto fouling and crude while not actually offering any real benefit in that location.

Lightly grease the slide, drop of thin oil on the trigger pivot bar and you're good

Last edited:
Look at SuperLube. SuperLube is the company and they have many products. I know its common for most people to say SuperLube and assume it's the grease but that is a mistake. Many of their products can be found on Amazon.

Superlube Multi-Purpose Oil, the heavier ISO 100ish version so it stays put is what I have used for the past 7 years. If you do want more of a grease, they make multi-purpose greases from NLGI 0000 up to 2. I have only been able to get the NLGI 2 up here in Alaska...so I have combined it with the oil to make a "thinner" grease. The stuff is very slick....but honestly, I am not sure it is doing anything better than the standard oil. That oil stays put, is slick, doesn't smell, and works in hot and cold weather. I use it in my AR as well. Works great down to stupid cold temperatures but also stays put. Won't run out of the gun when stored vertially in a car and doesn't "burn" off during multiple day training courses.

The slickest? I would suggest looking at Dumonde Tech products. I have zero affiliation with them.

I don't see any advantage in using a food grade lubricant on a firearm. Lubricants made from plant esters have a limited shelf life, and start breaking down from day one. Petroleum based oils and greases are much better suited for this type of application, because they last much longer.

The only reason these type of lubricants are utilized, is for environmental reasons. Or else because they're being used on machinery that is used in the production and / or manufacture of consumables for humans or animals. Not because they are superior to any other type of lubricant.

I've run various oils and grease on the connector junction and in the end, among the oils, it made little difference.

Breakfree, Lucas Extreme, HPL, Gun Butter, RemOil, motor oil all worked but didn't have staying power. Some lasted longer than others but nothing had a wow factor. In the end, I stopped using oil for the connector.

The two grease products that stay in place and work well are Slide Glide Lite and Gun Butter. Lucas Extreme grease too.

I used all the greases and they are very good, with Slide Glide being used more often on the connector. I might use a needle oiler for touch up if I'm taking a 500 round class.

Slide Glide is used on everything except the rails and for those I use HPL, Lucas or Gun Butter.

Just polish the areas on the trigger bar and connector with a felt bob on your Dremel and some Flitz. After that, hit the area with a bit of Hornady One-Shot and call it done. Grease will work fine initially but will collect crud eventually. One-Shot will not and it is very slick.

Going through my gun oils looking for something to use on my bicycle shifter, decided on Hoppe's Castrol Synthetic...........no telling how old it is. Worked fine.

[QUOTE="I Grease is "fancy lubricants?" lol

The M1 Garand would like to have a chat. It's probably one of the most unbroken rifles ever made.
[/QUOTE]
The military used grease on the Garands only to prevent wash out in the rainy environments of Europe and the Pacific. They didn't even test lubriplate for lubricity, the wanted it to stay in place.

3in1.jpg

Those two (normally closed) five foot gates we have to access our driveway to parking vehicles inside the garage, well every once in a while they need oil or they squeak terribly being outdoors 24/7.

I've tried a hundred different oils sprays working mechanics. (I am embarrassed to say) this is the one that lasts twice as long as all the rest and next time I need trigger oil, I'm going to use 3 in 1. I got this can from my wife's sewing machine equipment box.....lol. How ironic she has the best one I need for those swinging gates.

Does it work on guns?..... my Vietnam hunting partner loves this stuff..... bows, guns (Rem 1911).....etc...white lithium grease too.

I am not a fan of using grease on trigger assembly parts. Just a little Superlube on the slides rails.... but lightly.

Last edited:
Many years ago, the place I purchased my first 1911 from had a course on how to tear down clean, re-assemble, and maintain a 1911. It was given by a gentleman named John Jardine. He recommended his own grease which I linked below. I figured if he knows enough to custom build a 1911, he probably knows what works on them. To be honest, it's all I've used since. Can't say I'm a weapons expert or anything.

TW25b along with Super Lube Grease would both be very slick , long lasting greases to use sparingly on a Glock connector .

Grease on a handgun for me is a fast pass. I've had very good luck with Frog Lube. I bought the Frogtube. It comes with bio solvent, Frog Lube gel, Frog Lube paste, cleaning brush, and a micro fiber cloth. I think it works well on trigger mechs. Not affiliated with Frog Lube, and not a paid endorser.

Back