SKU Numbers

So I have a Fiat, and bought an OEM flywheel with the 68315236AA SKU number off a mopar site that doesn't list Fiat parts. I read that SKU numbers are specific to the parts for the brand, but other brands could have the same number for a different part. However, one site doesn't list Fiat, and i couldn't verify fitment, but every site I looked up shows that specific flywheel. What I'm wondering is would I be getting the part I want with the specific SKU number, even if I can't verify fitment?

The brand doesn't matter as much. Remember, sometimes the same parts are used on Fiat, Dodge, Jeep etc. Each of those parts will only have one part number across all the brands that use it.

GM doesn't have separate part numbers for Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, etc. if it's the same part. Ford doesn't use separate part numbers for Lincoln for the same part. Honda and Acura use the same part number for the same part. Toyota and Lexus, too.

However, Mazda is not part of Fiat, so they might not be the same part number, even when the same part is used in both the 124 and the Miata.

Thats not a SKU number per say thats a part number. Inside of an OEM (stellantis for example here) you would never assign 2 parts the same part number because that would create a logistical nightmare. One thing you may run into is parts being restricted to certain brands. Chrysler at one time did this with Fiat and Alfa where even though the parts catalogging is available to every dealer and all dealers could check price/availability, if a part only fit Fiat or Alfa only Fiat and Alfa dealers could actually order them. No clue if that is still the case as I have not tried to order a Fiat part in several years. BMW does this with MINI parts as well.

Back