Sketchy looking food

My favorite tinned fish is a full pound of fried Atlantic mackerel fillets in spicy vinegar and tomato-based marinade. Not the prettiest edible. I eat it cold, often with a salad. I have it at least once a week.

cliker test

Last edited:
My cats eat nicer looking food. If you peel the lid and eat the fish straight from the tin it's much more appetizing looking. The whole fillets break up into sloppy pieces when you remove them from the tin. Because the skin is on the mess looks pretty gross. I have a high threshold for gross looking food.

My cats eat nicer looking food. If you peel the lid and eat the fish straight from the tin it's much more appetizing looking. The whole fillets break up into sloppy pieces when you remove them from the tin. Because the skin is on the mess looks pretty gross. I have a high threshold for gross looking food.

I don't mind canned fish at all, but the smell of the old can in the trash is utterly intolerable to me.

As for the skin.. I'd much rather have it on the fish since it adds some depth of flavor. Filets alone can be so dry.

I don't mind canned fish at all, but the smell of the old can in the trash is utterly intolerable to me.

As for the skin.. I'd much rather have it on the fish since it adds some depth of flavor. Filets alone can be so dry.
I use dish soap and rinse my empty cans out with hot water. My garbage can are in the garage and I don't want to attract wildlife. The fish skin has most of the healthy fat.

Patagonian toothfish.

patagonian_toothfish_dissostichus_eleginoides._source_us_food_and_drug_administration._license_public_domain.jpg

I think Surströmming takes the prize for the appearance and aroma of unpalatability. Look it up.

About threw up just looking at the pic of it. Put a graphic warning label on the thread title or something. :sick:

Back